Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Have any?

Mine is needles/syringes. The mere sight of them makes me uneasy and if I get a whiff of the rubbing alcohol we can reach Full Fear Mode.

I realize on an intellectual level it is crazy but that doesn't change the reality. Fortunately needles aren't a part of my daily life (heaven forbid I should need to self inject for medicinal purposes) so the phobia is limited.

S what irrational fears do you have?
    So the real reason you don't want the flu shot comes out.

For me, it's insects/arthropods. Basically, the more limbs something has, the more scared of it I am. Ants, beetles, etc., not too bad. Spiders, little bit freaked out. Centipedes/millipedes, I'm screaming like a little girl.

Also not a big fan of heights, but I can deal.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hmm, I don't like dark, enclosed spaces. I'm fine with outside dark, and I'm fine inside, but dark and inside I don't like.

I can also pick up weird **** sometimes. Can't explain it. Certain areas and places I won't want to be at all. Like, even now I can go there, and they creep me out.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Kind of like here, where the thoughts are dark and minds are closed.
        I feel that feeling everyday.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          So the real reason you don't want the flu shot comes out.
          I already said as much in the other thread.

I won't be getting the vaccine as I don't care for needles and am not in a high risk group. I'm considering a hermit quarantine for the next couple months.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't think I have any phobias of the arachno- or claustro- type.
            But if any fear constitutes a phobia, I am afraid of people leaving me, turning away from or against me. To the extent that I limit my social behaviours sometimes. I do not meet with friends although I feel like it, I do not call them, and sometimes think I should have no friends at all, because having friends means possibility of losing them, of them turning against me.
            You probably wouldn't agree... BeBro surely wouldn't, because when it comes to e-mails, my fear manifested itself in another way.

yup, I'm a madman, at least I know about that.
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              I think it's a question of the degree of aversion. If you get seriously nervous while leaning out over a safe guardrail that's too high to fall over then you have a phobia. Same with my reaction to wasps etc. The amount of damage that I'd sustain even if stung would be pretty low. Certainly not enough to justify how nervous I get.
              And, as to burning alive, if you won't go to a bonfire because you're afraid you'll somehow be shoved in and burn to death, that counts as a phobia, because such a thing is extremely unlikely. Being afraid of people who summon you to a "super-accurate" witch trial is another thing entirely, assuming that ever happens.

I was afraid of heights and water as a kid (nearly drowned in a swimming pool, age five). Overcame both, though I still don't go in the water much since I have too low body fat to float. Can't think of what I'm afraid of now.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

I was afraid of heights and water as a kid (nearly drowned in a swimming pool, age five).
                My limited research indicates phobias often stem from childhood trauma.

I know it did in my case. My family Dr, when I was a child was a really nice old man in his 70's (at least). Unfortunately I think his syringes were as old as he was.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                  I seem to be developing a fear of heights. They never used to bother me when I was younger, and I'm still not terrified, but I find myself increasingly apprehensive about looking over a really high ledge.
                  Same here. When I was younger I worked construction and did a lot of work on scaffolding 30 or 40 feet off the ground without any problems. Now I get a little anxious 20 feet up.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have a phobia of ferrets wearing santa caps.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

For good reasons.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have a photo of one of my ferrets on Santa's lap at the mall.

Comment

But was it wearing a santa hat?
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have a photo of one of my ferrets on Santa's lap at the mall.
                            aaaww
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                              But was it wearing a santa hat?
                              No.

For Mr. Fun.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                Ben
                                That's quite rational.

For me it's large spiders and small enclosed spaces. Also drowning.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X