"Family values" = holocaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Family values" = holocaust

Apparently, some of our good ol' American fundamentalists have ties with leaders in African countries such as Uganda, who want to force through legislation in their country to criminalize homosexuality with execution or life in prison.

Let's hear it for the extreme right's idea of "family values." Nothing like a good holocaust to bring families together.

A vote is imminent in the Ugandan parliament on the Anti-Homosexuality Bill, a horrifying piece of legislation that would make gays and lesbians subject to lifetime imprisonment or even execution.

The Family, a fundamentalist group of powerful politicians in America and abroad has ties to Uganda legislators pushing this horrific affront to human rights. Our very own Senator Grassley is a member of this so-called "Family".

The Advocate reports that Grassley "has been very involved in African affairs on behalf of The Family." With lives at stake, DEMAND that Senator Grassley denounce this bill and use his influence to stop the Uganda legislation.
    Protect "family values" with crimes against humanity.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I'm waiting for MrFun to find about "Lord's Resistance Army" and then trying to tie it into the "Moral Majority"...

Lots of unbelievable and utter horsecrap going on in Africa if you start to dig what's happening in there. 20+ year long civilian-targeted civil war/genocide orgy in Congo, desertification of nearly all terrain due to overfarming and short-sighted land usage in Sudan, government-funded paramilitiary death squads waging war against civilian farmers in Zimbabwe. What's interesting is that when he is confronted with a tiny fragment of this African reality, a small shadow of it's effects hidden beneath all the celebrity gossip in the local newspaper; the western man always, by default starts to look for the cause of it from himself and his own culture.

Yes, the barely functioning democratic system of Uganda is about to push through a populist and authoritarian bill straight from the 19th century. How on earth is this the fault of your fellow Americans?

Comment

I guess you missed this part, VJ:

The Family, a fundamentalist group of powerful politicians in America and abroad has ties to Uganda legislators pushing this horrific affront to human rights. Our very own Senator Grassley is a member of this so-called "Family".

Comment

VJ, the Finnish version of BK...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Hmmm, without even checking, I'm guessing that senator is a Republican...

Whenever there's a fundamentalist nutjob in the US, they're always Republicans...

Comment

yes, sure. evil fascist racist whitey from da imperialist country of DA GREAT SATAN be forcing the noble savage to pass a bill He in reality wouldn't want to have. da evil whitey be controlling da noble savage, forcing Him to create legislation He doesn't want with his fascist racist brain-waves.

geez... ugandans create their own bills and ugandans are free to vote on them as they choose. are you an extremely easy-to-fool invididual or are you presuming me to be one?

Comment

There's a ****ing surprise...!

Apparently he's only 'moderate to conservative'

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                ...or are you presuming me to be one?

Comment

I don't see anywhere that MrFun is absolving Ugandan leaders of this horrific legislation. But as an American, don't you think it's reasonable for him to be especially concerned/outrage that American political and religious leaders are pretty closely linked to it? I do.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But as an American, don't you think it's reasonable for him to be especially concerned/outrage that American political and religious leaders are pretty closely linked to it?
                    That's the thing, "closely linked" could mean anything. It's a weasel word, just like "has ties". Since they've used a weasel word instead of a solid term, it probably means something like has met and shaken hands with a guy from the same party as the sponsor of the bill in Uganda.

Now, how the first place to seek blame and demand denouncement of Ugandan legislation is again the United States of America and American politicians, it's just... it's surreal.

Comment

Wow, what do they do, dig out their own **** and fling it and hope it sticks? I feel dumber having read that link...
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

For the record, I didn't actually have anything constructive to say in this thread, just meta-discussion about the sanity and internal logic of the original post's linked article.

Proceed with your annual 15-page long BK vs. everyone else -debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                          I don't see anywhere that MrFun is absolving Ugandan leaders of this horrific legislation. But as an American, don't you think it's reasonable for him to be especially concerned/outrage that American political and religious leaders are pretty closely linked to it? I do.
                          Boris gets it right.

I blame the Ugandan leaders for their dehumanizing legislation. But this does not negate the fact that some American fundamentalists/politicians have connections with such Ugandan leaders.

VJ can try to whitewash these connections all he wants but he may only be fooling himself in claiming pure innocence for American fundies in this instance.

Comment

Those poor people in Uganda need your help Mr. Fun! Why not board the next flight to Kampala and spread your message of peace, harmony, and tolerance?

Comment

I wonder if I should make Ries the second person I put on Ignore?

Comment

Working...
                              X