So, I have a tumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO, Done! One should be coming out in September

Anyways, my oncologist called me yesterday. I don't know what was up with her, except that she was busy and I wasn't quite sure why she called me. While others told me that the pictures from the MRI look normal, post-op, that they can't tell for sure because it's post-op and it's fuzzy because of that.. but that it looks just like it should at this point, so don't worry...

... so my oncologist calls me and first thing she says is "WE CANNOT CONFIRM YOU THAT THERE IS NOTHING THERE". WIth double negative. OK. So is something there? "WE CANNOT CONFIRM YOU THAT THERE IS NOTHING THERE". She said it like four times. I was like, so do YOU think there's something there, is it likely, wtf, I was told it's post-op-looking head, nothing alarming. "We cannot confirm you. But we can confirm, that we concur, that we should not do anything to it right now."

This same message I got from doctors in a positive manner, saying that it looks normal, that you never know of course but it looks normal now.

Why the **** would you say to a patient of yours (while taking another call while talking to you) the thing she said? Why can't you just say that we never know for sure, we just never do, but it looks OK from where I'm standing. But we are never 100 %. WHY NOT? THe worst is giving hope and then taking it back. Now, this is the same news so I keep my spirits up, nothing has changed.

In fact it was "a good call". She told that the gene thing is done and mine is not aggressive. It's like fingerprints, it's individual and depends on your genes. So now they have finally got the results back from it and it says non-aggressive. In fact, my oncologist, then, had only good news. So I told her that "So to me this sounds like good news, yes?" and she sounded like she was choking on a penis. Go figure. Some decent communication skills, please.... and she wasn't even the worst of the bunch. One of the doctors was just reading histograms of mortality to me. That was basically his news. As in, OK, this is interesting and really depressing, anything else?

My last doctor was at least nice, and she even told me that well, sometimes our staff don't understand the affect on people's feelings and spirit so you should talk to someone if you have the need for it, our staff just isn't like that and they're "stiff".

No ****.

But hey, I guess that was good news?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• But I don't get another doc every time. It's a bit difficult to deal with many people, but they are all looking into my case. It's really good IMO, they've consulted bunch of people from other hospitals as well and universities. They said that once the radiologists looked at my MRI pictures, then docs took a shot at them as well, in addition to a professor in my University, and because of some argument in what almost seems semantics, they consulted another professor and experts in Helsinki, so now that do concur. So a big group of experts has been mobilized, it feels good to know that they are concerned about my case enough to pull those resources.

Of course it is partly because I am still young. Then they seem to spend money on you. If I was like 70, they would probably give me aspirin. But I am fortunate and humbled by their efforts. All this money they're spending means more time to live for me. And it's like important and ****.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
      X