No announcement yet.

So, I have a tumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to wish good luck, but I decided that this tumour punk didn't have a chance.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

SC does not have a tumor.

A tumor has SuperCitizen, and is about to get its ass turned inside-out.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I will give you updates. So far the next step is January and the operation. After that, I should be able to post here within the few weeks afterwards and so this is what I will do.

I won't bore you with other updates most likely, emotions go kind of side to side... but I am fortunate to have a supportive gf who is standing by me 24/7. It really makes the difference.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
          It seems interesting to me how some people come for your support and some people make a big deal of themselves about supporting you but actually what they do is give a speech and the run away.
          That pisses me off. We had a student here who had leukemia and she quickly became her classes "mascot" to the point where it was sickening. Everyone was trying to get on the "I care about leukemia now" train to show what great and honorable people they were. Then, when she died, no one cared anymore. To make it worse, these were all med students. ****ers.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

dashi, yeah. It does suck. But somehow, when you're in the hot seat, it doesn't bother you too much. It does bother, but it's not a big deal, you're just sorry for them that they are such small people after all. Inable to deal with things when it comes to possibly life threatning situations. My gf for example has gone through a lot in her life, she has had nightmares with cancer in her family. It's the one thing she can't deal with. Yet, she was a real trooper, calling the ambulance right away, and being with me the whole time no matter how boring it got in the hospital. We just sat there, adn she was being brave. Undoubtetly a flush of bad memories ran through her mind. But she wouldn't leave me there for a second and would constantly say that we'll get through this and it will be fine, and that she will not leave me alone at any point in a manner that is easy to see she meant it. So there's people with strong characters who suffer a lot, I think she has suffered way more during this than I have.

And it is because of this kind of support that I will be able to make this time before operation OK, almost normal. I will be able to enjoy things and just relax. I know she will be there during the operation and afterwards, and she will be the first thing I will see, and from there onwards, it will be recovering time and then life continues normally. If I did not have her, it would suck so much, I can't even begin to imagine and won't.

But these lamers do suck who pretend to be supportive but do the opposite. It is as if they see an opportunity to feel good about themselves and claim credit from others, of how wonderful people they are, but I have news for the people listening to their stories: they aren't here, nor have they helped me. But it's OK too.

If you ever be in a situation where your friend is in my position, or God forbid, in a worse position, what matters is support and support is being there. Hanging out. I know it's freaking boring. But just hang out with them, go and give them magazines or something, talk about what happened the other day, if they can walk, go walk with them. It means the most right then and if you do that, you do what friends are for. It might be boring to you but to the other person it's a chance of not thinkign about dying or other stuff, and that alone, an hour of normality, is a vacation better than Hawaii or any other spot.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Pekka.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Who gave Pekka's tumor a 5 star rating?

Comment

Everything about the SuperCitizen deserves a five star rating!
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

We need an option to rate a thread's overall rating.

Comment

Hey man, my sympathies, and I hope everything goes according to plan.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Wow, good thing Pekka didn't get that job in America.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This isn't the place, che...
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            This isn't the place, che...
                            Pekka started it--did you miss his praising of the Finnish universal healthcare system?
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Good luck, Pekka.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                                I will give you updates. So far the next step is January and the operation. After that, I should be able to post here within the few weeks afterwards and so this is what I will do.

I won't bore you with other updates most likely, emotions go kind of side to side... but I am fortunate to have a supportive gf who is standing by me 24/7. It really makes the difference.
                                Did you tell your friends yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X