So, I have a tumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Pekka, I wish you well.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
      All that matters is living healthy and happy. Living with the people you love. Nothing else matters.

I wish you much fortune and health. I hope that I survive this one alive and if not 100 %, then at least some what OK. If not, I had a good ride.

Rise up, Pekka, and show this disease who is the BOSS. We want to see you recover!
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Pekka, you are a strong guy. You will live. You must live. Without you, the world will never know about face destroyers, naked philosophy, and using your penis as a method of divination!

That tumor has no chance, it will be destroyed. And after they remove it, you should keep it preserved in a bottle and place it in your office with a label that reads "I defeated this pathetic tumor".

Comment

That tumor doesn't have a chance against Pekka.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Your messages cheer me up a lot. It's amazing how when I'm alone, I start to feel a bit desperate. When I'm with my gf, I get this strong drive, very rational perspective where this thing is just a little bug to be squashed. Alone? It gets scary.

It sucks, they did all kinds of tests on me. All the values were good. They've always been good. It doesn't matter what the test is, it's always "very good". Even the damage I've done to my body, it doesn't show where it could show. Then this happens. Plus, it was all grandmas and grandpas in my ward. That felt injustice to me. But then again, I'll make it, no need to be all that jealous. Then again, it's a weird feeling of having time of life-jealousy.

Oerdin, YES. Doctors and nurses, everyone has been really good. Everything happened very fast, my gf called 911 and the ambulance was here in 7 minutes, already taking me inside the ambulance and recovering me. From there, everything was ready and waiting. Nurses all knew my name, because clearly they attend to their meetings before their shift. There was all kinds of stuff that let me know this warden at least is run by professionals, from the nurse all the way to the doctors. And most importantly, the doctor had a nice personality and would say to me "I don't know, I'll find out", stuff that makes me feel calm, as in a person who isn't full of himself or unprofessional but is more interested in taking care of the patients than his ego. This is all very important to me. I do feel like I don't need to move anywhere else to get this operation done. I am very satisfied, at least as of now, to the treatment I've been given.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, there's simply no choice other than this operation being successful. The only other possible scenario is a world overrun by whiny undergrads wielding Naomi Klein books. Nobody wants that. Good luck, and I'm glad it's not worse.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I don't see why Pekka can't do the surgery himself.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Kick its ass.

Comment

Boooo tumors

Good luck, Pekka. I'll design you a new swinging pad once you're tumor-free.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Holy crap. Dude, good luck. Not that SuperCitizen needs luck...

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Good luck

I wish you the best. There are no pain sensors in the brain itself. This is why you felt nothing until the seizure. In addition to conventional surgery, you might go for a biopsy, and then a gamma knife surgery (they bombard your tumor with gamma rays). I'm told gamma knife surgery is more accurate than a hand held knife and so there is less change of damaging surrounding areas.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Wow, I wish you all the best. Brain tumors seem to be proliferant though. I'm 30, and 4 of my friends had a brain tumor, plus 2 colleagues of my wife at work.
                          Good side: None of these people died because of it.

All the best, keep your head up.
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

That's awful news Pekka. Glad it's not as bad as it could have been, and best wishes for a full and swift recovery.

Comment

GOD be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                                I don't see why Pekka can't do the surgery himself.
                                Seriously. He has to be able to take it out himself b/c I'm pretty sure the doctors won't let him pull his penis out and beat the tumor with it while screaming "BONZAI*!!", even tho they're Finnish doctors.

Good luck dude.

*- or whatever evil Finns shout
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X