No announcement yet.

So you're think you're good at math?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the more I think about it I think there's nothing I can do about it. They need to just send me better data. Nothing I can do about it.

Sometimes I overthink things.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      There are so many less obtuse ways of doing what you originally stated the problem was that I just can't stop laughing about this.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure thy don't actually want the area you've shown on that pic
      Yes, it doesn't make any sense. It's the third tier after the 2 circles, which are NW of it. It should be a bigger area outside of the circles.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You need to have more input at the project specs level. I have no idea why you even have to deal with shrinking/expanding polygons and the Earth's curvature.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Are some of those polygons supposed to be not convex?
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

The organization of the company is a gong-show right now. I spent 2 days making a simple tech demo a month ago showing we can make simple polygons using Google Maps and then determine if a business listing was inside it. Then the CTO played with it and loved it.

A bunch of BAs got together in Montreal, none of which have a science or math background, wrote out project specs. I didn't even know about this til a couple weeks ago when it was on my desk, "final" stamped on it, and told it needed to be out before Christmas. I didn't even get introduced to the backend guy (the mega-idiot) I need to deal with until late last week.

It's a ****ing gong show. But that's normal.

Normally I'm completely isolated from the rest of the company, our small team does things in our group only and then sends them out to the rest of the company to see if they wanna make something out of it. But this project was special, they couldn't find anyone else in the company who could do it on short notice so it got dumped on my lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo View Post

Are some of those polygons supposed to be not convex?
              A few, yes.

Comment

Don't feel too bad. A few months ago, to pay rent, I was helping a friend of mine formalize his pet hidden variable theory.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

I thought prostitution was illegal

Comment

Prostitution pays better.
                    -Bokonon

Comment

For a while I let some retired computer engineer pay me to explain why he hadn't proved the Collatz conjecture.

Comment

I just got an email from my good friend who is doing the back-end and sending me bad data.

He informs me it's all fixed now and we're fine.

Here's his latest masterpiece.

To his credit, he did change something as it is different data...
                        Attached Files

Comment

I may take his code and use it to computer-generate art and tell people it's abstract, and expensive.

Comment

OK, I feel for you. Just got of the phone with one of our steel client teams in India. Stupidity rules that continent, I swear. Still they were polite.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I pity you asher. That's horrible crap. At least it's not keeping you from getting paid through this fiasco.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X