[SERIOUS] Clever fools: Why a high IQ doesn't mean you're smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola View Post
    I suspect this is more a Canada based artifact, rather than a Mensa based one.
    I doubt it. Anybody who joins Mensa is a jackass.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I always figured someone as smart as you was already a member
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree with KH's assessment of Mensa.

I think many who join it are compensating or not sure enough of themselves.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

a) It's not even close to exclusive enough. Top 2%? Please

b) Anybody who joins a club which is based solely on intelligence is a douchebag. I'm willing to spend time around all you dumbasses, because it's fun.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I thought Bush was the classic example of someone who had high IQ and was generally good in social environments. He has good common sense.

Obama is the perfect example of where intelligence is considered to be his only asset.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Your assessments do not surprise me.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I thought Obama is the One and always right in all environments.
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  I think many who join it are compensating or not sure enough of themselves.
                  I suspect their (Mensa-ites) deficit is mainly in the social area.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    I doubt it. Anybody who joins Mensa is a jackass.

In fact the final IQ test is to decline from actually joining Mensa when given the opportunity.

I've met loads of Mensans and, generally speaking, the majority are very weird individuals virtually devoid of any social skills whatsoever...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I suspect the real motivation behind Lori's OP is that he was shocked to find out that Dubya's IQ is higher than he and scrambling to fashion a plausible excuse as to why IQ isn't very important at determining intelligence after all...
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Yes, those that have the requirements but don't feel the need to join probably have social skills
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

what the **** do you know about social skills, rah. your useless ass is part of the reason Poly is the ****stain it is by not standing up to DanQ, unlike your brother.

Even Solver had moar worth than you did.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Someone else that had no clue to what actually happened. Somehow I'm not surprised.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I know moar about Poly history than you do, ******
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I may or may not be a clever fool, but AAHZ is a silly idiot.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X