Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a fly in my soup - so what, there is a bear in my car

Car thief turns out to be a bear

The car alarm was blaring, and there was a light moving around inside.

A couple in the Colorado Mountain Estates subdivision near Florissant thought someone was trying to steal their car early Wednesday.

When deputies from the Teller County Sheriff's Office responded at about 2:30 a.m., they discovered a young bear in the car.

The bear was as surprised to see the deputies as the deputies were to see the bear, said Mikel Baker, spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office.

One of the two deputies took some pictures of the bear, opened the car door, and the bear was gone in a flash, said Baker.

According to Baker and Teller County Sheriff Kevin Dougherty, this bear — like so many others — was
    After deputies opened the car door, the bear was gone in a flash. (Teller County Sheriff's Office )
    very smart and had learned how to open car doors.

But as the bear rummaged around the car causing extensive damage, the door closed and it couldn't figure how to get out.

The light the couple saw moving in the car was the dome light of the vehicle, which momentarily wrapped around the bear's head, said Dougherty.

Baker said that bears are extremely hungry as they prepare for hibernation. No food should be left in a car, she said, as bruins, with their keen sense of smell, will detect the food and try to get inside.

In recent years, one bear practically destroyed a car after yogurt was left in it. Afterward, investigators found yogurt smeared throughout the car, said Baker.
    Attached Files
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

I bet that bear wondered WTF.
    At Yosemite they have signs and literature all pointing out not to leave food in your vehicle. There were also photos that illustrated their point very well.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

HAYWARD, Wis. - Shoppers in a Wisconsin grocery store got an unexpected surprise when a 125-pound (58-kilogram) black bear wandered inside and headed straight for the beer cooler.

The bear stopped Friday night at Marketplace Foods in Hayward, about 140 miles (225 kilometres) northeast of Minneapolis, sauntering through the automatic doors and heading straight for the liquor department, WEAU-TV reported.

It calmly climbed up 12 feet (3.7 metres) onto a shelf in the beer cooler where it sat for about an hour while employees helped evacuate customers and summoned wildlife officials.

Officials from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources tranquilized the animal and took it out of the store. Store workers say the bear seemed content in the cooler and did not consume any alcohol.

First the car. Now the alcohol.

I expect our first bear DUI anytime now.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Colbert Threatdown coming after the break...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          Store workers say the bear seemed content in the cooler and did not consume any alcohol. [/q]

Did not consume any alcohol???? It's obviously a deranged bear and needs to be shot ASAP.

Deviants.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

When you go to Yosemite they have actual cars which bears have broken into on display to warn people not to leave food in their cars. If you ignore the warnings then you can be fined several hundred dollars for not following the rules plus the cost of repairing your car. These bears are strong enough to bend sheet metal in order to open trunks and sometimes they do though more often they will break a window and then shred the back seat to gain access to the trunk. Even things like mouth wash or tooth paste can attract the bears.

The real problem is the bears which have learned to attack cars, and they seem to prefer Japanese cars (which says something about who buys those cars; I.E. urban people who rarely leave the city), must be killed if they return after being relocated once. It sucks to have the bear killed so be responsible and follow the rules.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We cooked and ate quickly, then stored the food in the river.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

they seem to prefer Japanese cars
                Even a bear wouldn't be caught in a GM truck.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                X