The Job Hunt_How's It Going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Two more emails from CS this morning; now I have 3 conflicting claims as to the status of my application.

According to one I should be interviewing
    According to another I should be completing an online screening (?)
    According to a third my application is about to be reviewed

I'm glad I already have a job and can just look on this as entertainment. Otherwise I might be getting antsy...

You could turn it into a drinking game...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'd suggest you at least try to make the switch. It's not like you can't switch back at some later time if you decide the new job's not for you.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• i've worked residential healthcare before; it's kinda like posting on 'poly because i'm wiping asses for the developmentally disabled. the benefits tend to be good, but the wages not so much. i could always supplement by waiting tables a few shifts a week. i think i finally want to grow up and get a degree, and i've been looking into social work.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• I got a call for a 2 positions out back in CA. One is for an engineering position with poor pay, but is back in Sac and I like Sac, but I don't think I can afford the move and re-establishment on that pay so I'm not moving forward. The other was back in Mountain View and was through a recruiter who I don't think understood the job description and is real flighty, I'm blowing them off.

Other than that I'm twiddling my thumbs.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• You've still got a job, right?
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Oh yeah. It's a pretty comfortable job too, it's just not what I want to do.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Cool. That's what I thought your situation was, but the "twiddling thumbs" comment had me worried.

On the other hand, I have to say that the thought I was going to be on the street in 2-3 months really lit a fire under my ass to get applications out.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Cool. That's what I thought your situation was, but the "twiddling thumbs" comment had me worried.
                  I thought people got MBAs to twiddle thumbs?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That's Advanced Twiddling. You can twiddle entry-level with a GED and a good line of patter.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm thinking about getting a PhD in Thumb Twiddling, or at least a specialization in it.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Cool. That's what I thought your situation was, but the "twiddling thumbs" comment had me worried.

On the other hand, I have to say that the thought I was going to be on the street in 2-3 months really lit a fire under my ass to get applications out.
                        That got me to get a job, but didn't get me to finish my PhD on time.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Job hunt? I've got too much work on anyway...and I'm never at bloody home.
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Things are picking up the past couple days.

A recruiter I like who was working on a couple of jobs for me had them both postpone hiring until next year. He's working on something else, but I'm not to hopeful. Still, it's nice to know.

Another recruiter called and we talked for about 45 minutes and he suppose send me a job description and application for a position that I would like. However, it would take some real convincing because it is a step up, which seems difficult to do these days.

Received an email to set up a phone interview for a proj. manager position, which is on my career path so that's nice.

Also, received a call from one of the large breweries with US operations (since none of them are American anymore, thanks Bud). I applied to management positions as well as a leadership development program; any of them would be fun. I've always like the idea of working on consumer goods.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Bheer!!

Comment

• I would like a tour at the least. I love touring manufacturing facilities, and I would like to see how many Strange Brew jokes I could crack before getting the boot (not about).
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X