No announcement yet.

Please help me with an english text I've written

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a nice story. We wouldn't want true history imposing itself upon it.

Comment

I'll have a proof. Seriously you should have just sent it to me first, I do this for a living...
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Lies. Kenobi lives off of Canuckistani welfare checks and selling imported virgin slaves.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The fonts in the essay are special fonts, used only by our institute, so it makes no sense to search them in the internet. I can send them, but it makes little sense, they only appear in arabic proper names. Thanks duke'o'york, I will wait.

Bye
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

thanks Ben Kenobi and others as well. The more people read it, the better. It is my master's thesis, abbreviated 10x, and without footnotes (yet, I will add them when the translation is ready).
            Middle East!

Comment

Read it and comment on the language (and, if you will, the content as well)
              Middle East!

Comment

I'm no expert on the content, but I'm up to Chapter 5b, and it'll be done some time next week.

In a shocking volte-face, I haven't corrected any of the American spellings either!

Comment

american spellings? If you mean z's where s's should be, like in civiliSation, it's not my fault.
                  thank you again.
                  Middle East!

Comment

Lies. Kenobi lives off of Canuckistani welfare checks and selling imported virgin slaves.

Never been on welfare or UI, and God willing I never will.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 9, 2009, 21:02.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

duke's version:

(Yeah, I renamed it. )
                      Attached Files

Comment

All amendments are in bold. Should be pretty obvious if you print it out and compare it to the original, although the special characters didn't appear in my version of Word, and I probably mistakenly corrected the first few uses of 'Umar, but left the rest. I'm sure you can sort out what you meant to say from what I've posted. Bolded in brackets means that it needs a subtitle or some other kind of reference. Hopefully this ought to be obvious, but let me know if you have any questions. Er, just not tomorrow night (10th).

Comment

thank you so much!
                          Middle East!

Comment

No problem. I'll PM you my email address so you can send me the footnotes to check too.

Comment

Heresson, if you make a claim you have to back it up. Saying that the origin of the Jizya is found in Byzantium is rather silly. It's right there in the Q'uran. I'm not done, I'm through 4 pages, but this needs lots of work, if this is to be your master's thesis!
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 9, 2009, 22:09.

Comment

Ok, here you go. I tightened and strengthened your thesis. I think you have a very interesting topic, but you need to expand more of the background!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X