Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Let's see, you like the early 70's sound but not too funky...

    You like Michael Henderson?

    You know this song, right?



    Sampled by rap group Mobb Deep by the way.
    I know the song but a no go.
    Im not just into funk.
    I know its not your sounds, but just listen to the reicarnatin post.
    Tell me what you think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post


    Can't stand the funk. The stank got too much for you
    Nasty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Let's see, you like the early 70's sound but not too funky...

    You like Michael Henderson?

    You know this song, right?



    Sampled by rap group Mobb Deep by the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Like I said, neither of these guys had commercial success. .
    WTF? I wonder why?

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    No go

    too funky


    Can't stand the funk. The stank got too much for you

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Here you go, Doc. Here's some funk flavor for your ear:

    Idris Muhammad:



    An instrumental from organist Ronnie Foster

    No go

    too funky

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    Gene Redding or Greg Perry

    Have you heard there whole albums?
    Is the rest of there songs on there albums good ?
    I would hate to spend a lot money to find these and the rest of there songs suc.
    To be honest, I never heard of either of them aside from a hip hop context when they were sampled. Greg Perry was sampled in some popular songs but I don't know much about his music otherwise.

    Like I said, neither of these guys had commercial success. Their music probably hit more ears on the rap songs that sampled them recently than their music did in the 70's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    You like Odyssey?


    I DO NOW!

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    xpost

    Just check this guy's youtube channel:



    He has everything. He's all about putting up the originals of songs sampled by hip hop artists. Obviously, the rap producers have taste so there's gems all over that dude's channel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Gene Redding or Greg Perry

    Have you heard there whole albums?
    Is the rest of there songs on there albums good ?
    I would hate to spend a lot money to find these and the rest of there songs suc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Here you go, Doc. Here's some funk flavor for your ear:

    Idris Muhammad:



    An instrumental from organist Ronnie Foster

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Here you go, Doc:

    You like Odyssey?



    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    uh huh Doc has gone funky on us
    Love music brother!
    keep it comming

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Hey Doc! Check it.

    Outkast sampled that Brothers Johnson song!

    Cool!

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    OLY SH!T KEEP IT COMMING!

    This is a first for me!
    i like the orginal "You and I" by Black Ivory (1972)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X