X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Buying again. 'Shakespeare & All That Jazz' by Cleo Laine and Johnny Dankworth. This is 'Dunsinane Blues':

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• The genius of the volcano goddess, Nancy Sumatra, from 'Boots' :

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• The Raiders and 'Gone Movin' On'...

Comment

• Finally managed to find a copy of the 7" in decent condition to go with the picture cover I already have... it's Serge Gainsbourg and his one time amour, Jane Birkin...

Comment

• And how appropriate after that choon. Dusty and the flip side of 'Son Of A Preacher Man':

Comment

• Although I'd love to find footage of this groovy outfit, I'm afraid to say U.K. t.v. appearances seem to have been wiped. This is 'Working On A Building Of Love'. Intense.

Comment

• Just in time for Easter and cheesy religious films. Oh, wait, it's actually about lions. 'King Of Kings' by Ezz Reco & The Launchers with Boysie Grant. A super slice of bluebeat to get your buns boppin'...

Comment

• Gene Krupa from the Fontana e.p. 'Sounds Of Jazz' and the film 'Ball Of Fire'. With Barbara Stanwyck on lead vocals !!!!! OMG!!!

It's 'Drum Boogie' ... killer diller.

Comment

• The British are coming. In those trousers, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. It's Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick & Tich, with 'Hold Tight':

Far out. (From the album 'Dave Dee, etc.....)

Comment

• Given today's weather this seems oddly apposite. Wrong religious festival, but anyway... it's from Diana Ross & The Supremes' 'Merry Christmas' album...

Comment

• And Outkast's version...

Comment

• The Bee Gees & 'Second Hand People'....

Comment

• And a lovely piece of music from the soudtrack to 'Daughters of Darkness/Les Levres Rouges' by Francois De Roubaix. Alas not a purchase, but on the wish list...

Comment

• that nancy sinatra song was great, much better than "these boots"

lets do a 180 from last song

Last edited by Addled Platypus; April 6, 2012, 00:29.
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X