Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapping over the Seinfeld theme song

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• and here's something for your musical education. this is a brief summary of what i consider techno, it's by no means exhaustive, but should give you an idea of what techno, as opposed to other forms of dance music, actually is. they're all reasonably well known, well ok maybe 1 or 2 aren't but they're forgotten classics!

be sure to listen to them all.

plastikman - spastik

basic channel - phylyps track

inftinti - i-94

josh wink - higher state of consciousness

green velvet - la la land

fc kahuna - mind set to cycle

o.c.b. - synchronicity (spincycle remix)

alex under - el encuentro

marc houle - kicker

martin buttirch - full clip

mattihas meyer - reichenbach

cobblestone jazz - india in me (part 1)

phew that's all. as i say not an exhaustive list, and i've deliberately left out stuff with techno elements, like electro-tech, tech-house and tech-trance to concentrate on just techno.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Time to post this

techno.org/electronic-music-guide
          "The Parthians are dead, the Britons conquered; Romans, play on!"
          Gamingboard, Rome 3. Cent. AD

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• gang of four - i found that essence rare (peel session)

gang of four - ether
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• laura j martin - doki doki

laura j martin - fire horse

Comment

• the grid - texas cowboy (12" version)

Comment

• some new indie-pop loveliness. if you can find it, also check out palma violence by this band.

help stamp out loneliness - record shop

help stamp out loneliness - cellophane

Comment

• Ministry: Lies, Lies, Lies

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Golden Earring: Radar Love

Ministry: Jesus Built My Hotrod

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch

Comment

• japan - european son

Comment

• in the name of the weekend

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• david byrne

x-press 2

i'd never heard freeform five's version of that before. nice one ofigtg.

here's some early 80s weirdness

laurie anderson - from the air

Comment

• and two mid 90s dance tunes

dubstar - stars (way out west remix)

chicane - offshore

Comment

Working...
                                X