Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can't Believe It. My Half Sister Contacted Me On Facebook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Believe It. My Half Sister Contacted Me On Facebook.

I know that the Internet is a wonderful thing, but I don't think I knew fully until now. This is just really weird. I want to post these messages here.
    I'm shocked.
    An explanation. My grandmother, as I only recently learned, didn't like two E's together, so she deleted the E from Jo, making it Jo. Don't ask why, I have no idea. She was a sweet woman, but definitely had her idiosyncrasies
    Are you the son of Jo Earl Hand originally from Newcastle, Texas area?

Sloww Hand September 23 at 10:44pm
    I get notified by email if I get a message on Facebook. It didn't dawn on me who you must be until I went to respond. Yes, I'm the oldest of 3 sons by Jo, and you must be my half sister. I looked so hard for you in March of 1984. Our father died Monday March 12, 1984 and was buried the 14th. I was there with him as he was struggling to hold on.
    I'm very glad to hear from you.

Ginger MacM****** September 23 at 10:55pm
    I was living in El Paso at the time of his death. My aunt told me he had passed away. He had told me I had three half brothers, but couldn't remember any of your names.

Sloww Hand September 23 at 11:02pm
    There's me (Sloww Hand), Craig Benton (Benton is for Benton Winchester Magee) and the youngest is Jo Eldon. This is really great, Ginger. All is well for you, I hope. I've already sent email to Craig, Jo and my only child, Summer that you found me. Summer gave me my first grandson last June. The little guy isn't crawling or walking, but he rolls. I guess they do it in their own way.
    She's 7 years older than me. I wondered how I might feel, if I ever found her and now I know. She's my sister, missing all this time. I hope she feels the same. Wouldn't you think that she must? She wrote me first.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Good news, Sloww.

Yes, I imagine she feels somewhat the same.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Thanks. This is so weird. I wrote my questions here, then expressed them to her.
      I think she's glad, too.

Ginger Mac******* September 23 at 11:14pm
      I'm doing good. I fought breast cancer four years ago and won. I have one daughter, Keni (pronounced Kena). I have one grandson, Darius. He's 12. My husband, Jim, and I have been married for seven years. He has two sons, James and Rob, and a grandson, Kevin, who is almost six. James, Chris and Kevin live in Delaware and Rob lives in Louisiana with his wife. I am Executive Vice President of a non-profit here in Austin. Jim is a consultant with Sungard (a disaster recovery company).

Sloww Hand September 23 at 11:28pm
      I just can't get over this. This is just so cool. This Internet stuff is fantastic. I always wondered how I would feel if I could ever find you, and now I know. I'm so glad you wrote me. This is just so great. To me it is. I hope you feel the same. You might be unaffected, and that would be fine. I would understand. From my point of view, you just found more people that love you and that can't be all bad.

In reading it, I know it seems gushing. To me it does. It's just so unexpected.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

There's some things you are forgiven for gushing over.

This is one of them.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

She wants money. Tell her to contact me and I'll set her straight.

Comment

That's awesome Sloww.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

She lives about 4 hours south from me. In Texas, that's just a cruise. Holy crap.

Comment

Posting private messages on this forum is against the rules.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Fire me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Posting private messages on this forum is against the rules.
                    Bastard, I was going to post that.

Oh, well, then I guess congrats Slowwy!
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I guess this one is your favourite now?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No, I'm still a Mary Ann kind of guy.

Comment

I love that Sloww outed his own brothers' identities, but hid his own.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

David Bruce Hand.

Comment

I don't actually want your identity.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X