My Latest Illustration Of Why I Cause The Luck of The Irish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Illustration Of Why I Cause The Luck of The Irish

It's kind of a standing joke in my family that the Luck Of The Irish is directly correlated to me. The reason being, that I was placed on Earth to take all the bad luck, so that other Irish would fare well. Here's my latest evidence.

Several months ago, I told this guy that I was working with that I was going to buy stock in Sanmina (SANM), a company we had previously worked at together. The stock was way down, at .70 and I told him, I was going to put the kiss of death on them. I was going to buy their stock.

Sure enough, I bought it and almost immediately it's price plummeted, along with most other stocks. Last week, Sanmina's stock price had struggled back to .80 and I sold. I wouldn't have lost much in any event, but I sold it.

Yesterday, and I'm not familiar with an event such as this, but maybe you are, Sanmina did a kind of reverse stock split. For every share owned, the owner was given 6 more shares, and the stock jumped to over $8 dollars a share.

My point, besides crying to you, is to say, I'm for hire.
    If you want a given outcome, on any situation, I'll do something to try and influence it to the opposite and you win. You pay me a percentage.
    You want a team to win, I'll bet the other team and we'll wait and watch for their team charter to crash.
    The possibilities are endless. PM me if you have a proposal. I guarantee the success.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Poly ate my pm...
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There's some evil force that's been unleashed, and it's getting worse. Now, it's eating pm's.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I hope Jerry Jones doesn't read this thrade.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Correlation != causation.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sloww, the stock didn't jump to $8, that's just what a share is worth now. Though if you owned you would have 1/6th the number of shares. Still, there's been a nice rally since the reverse split, which is very unusual. Generally, a reverse split shows a sign of weakness not a sign of strength.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

A "reverse stock split" is what it sounds like. In this case for every 7 shares you own you get 1 consolidated share. At the price you sold, that would be $5.60 a nerw share, but, that single share is now worth $8.00. So luck not as bad as you described, but bad enough for reverse luck of the Irish.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

So I should feel a little better? Good.

Comment

For the good of america, remove all your investments from the stock market so it can go up for everyone else.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm working on it. My contribution to American society.

Comment

a true patriot.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X