Should "Plomp" be censored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should "Plomp" be censored?

I'm shocked appalled and flabbergasted that such a disgusting term is used with wild abandon throughout Apolyton with nary a thought as to the sensitive young souls that could be reading.

The only solution is to clamp down immediately on this term to prevent their corruption. For once a child reads the word Plomp, we will hear naught else but that term for the rest of their days. They will be far more likely years later when they are standing out on the playground and a strange man approaches them to indulge in their lust for Plomp and be forever scarred. When all their friends are egging them on, they will not be able to resist the lure of the forbidden Plomp and will return again and again to the instant high.

It is up to us, those who have seen those days and survived to protect the children. Hardly is such a solution so simple and elegant as to bar the name of "Plomp" within this fair realm. Once hindered we shall see the fruits of our labours blossom over the grassy fields. Debates of the highest calibre will ensue between our robust residents and experts will chime in at the timely moment to offer their latest oevre of opportune observations. But only after and not before we exile the name of "Plomp".

So what say ye patricians of Apolyton, thanes of thought, nabobs of nonsense, emperors of erudition, aristocrats of allocution?
    Yes, for the children!
    22.22%
    No, I'm rather fond of Plomp
    44.44%
    I have a better idea for what you can do with Plomp.
    33.33%
    Can I eat Plomp's banana instead?
    0.00%
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

If you're going to use the word nabob and employ alliteration, you really should go ahead and quote the esteemed former governor of my home state.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Don't stomp over plomp!
      Blah

Comment

"Plomp, plomp"
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I have a better idea for what you can do with Plomp.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Clearly he should have stuck with CyberShy.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              If you're going to use the word nabob and employ alliteration, you really should go ahead and quote the esteemed former governor of my home state.
              Spiro Agnew
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Someone is actually proud of an association with Spiro Agnew? Pretty much grasping at straws, now.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He needs to remove "Robert" from his screen name.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                  X