Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when does Barney Frank join Poly?

Surprised that this hasn't got its own thread alread:

Of course, it should be clear from the way the woman looks that she is not you usual cheetos fed right wing wingnut, but instead one of Lyndon LaRouche's followers. And thinking about it, he was nicer to this woman than most poly posters would be...

And for those craving some nice wingnut action:

And if you notice, the woman is wearing and IDF T-shirt...... own goal, perhaps?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Seriously, things are just getting ****ing surreal out there. It's like ****ing Kafka.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Is it really any more surreal than the days when Code Pink protestors were busting into Congressional hearings? And who can forget this?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No, but to be fair, Code Pink had less time in the spotlight than the LaRouchies and "Time To Water The Tree Of Liberty" sidearm wielding loons and "Death Panel" morons are getting now.

Code Pink was in and out of the public eye in minutes. These wackadoos have been going strong for a couple weeks now.

Comment

I should also note that this is all coming directly on the heels of the completely bat**** insane, tinfoil-hat utter farce that was the Birthers.

Comment

Code Pink was in and out of the public eye in minutes.

Multiple times over the course of 5 years. And let's not forget about Cindy Sheehan...

I should also note that this is all coming directly on the heels of the completely bat**** insane, tinfoil-hat utter farce that was the Birthers.

We've been dealing with Truthers for far longer.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Frank is one of the few Dems with balls.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                Is it really any more surreal than the days when Code Pink protestors were busting into Congressional hearings? And who can forget this?
                Code Pink is just a few nuts but it seems like most of the GOP these days are nuts. It's a difference in scale. And, yes, if you think the President wasn't born in the US or that he's creating FEMA death camps or that health care reform has "death panels" to kill Grandma then you're nuts.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why is Cindy Sheehan wacko? She's damn straight in pointing out that the Democrats were merely anti-this-war.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    No, but to be fair, Code Pink had less time in the spotlight than the LaRouchies and "Time To Water The Tree Of Liberty" sidearm wielding loons and "Death Panel" morons are getting now.

Code Pink was in and out of the public eye in minutes. These wackadoos have been going strong for a couple weeks now.
                    The question then isn't the wackos in the spotlight, of which both sides have in spades, but who is pointing the spotlight. Why were the lefty wingnuts ignored and why are the righty wingnuts getting such wall to wall coverage?
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well, honestly, how many liberals actually believe that Bush was behind 9/11? (Honestly, I don't know.)

We do know from a few polls that, depending on the phrasing of the question, over 50% of the GOP can not accurately identify that there are no "death panels", with the lion's share living in the South. Similar numbers for birthers.

Comment

Well, honestly, how many liberals actually believe that Bush was behind 9/11? (Honestly, I don't know.)

Roughly 42% of Democrats, according to a Zogby poll from two years ago...

If you look closely, however, it becomes clears that 9/11 truth isn't solely the province of self-identified progressives and liberals (although they're farther down the rathole). Only very conservative people come across as mostly sane on this issue(ie. 75+% believe the official explanation of 9/11).
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

We do know from a few polls that, depending on the phrasing of the question, over 50% of the GOP can not accurately identify that there are no "death panels", with the lion's share living in the South. Similar numbers for birthers.
                          According to Real Clear Politics, fully 35 percent of Democrats believe George W. Bush had advance knowledge of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Fully 28 percent of Republicans believe Barack Obama wasn’t born in the United States.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

There's a difference between having advance knowledge (in this case, sufficient info that wasn't read correctly) and being behind the 9/11 attacks. However I have personally met 1 person who believed that Bush was directly responsible. And 2 people who thought the jews were behind it.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Why is Cindy Sheehan wacko? She's damn straight in pointing out that the Democrats were merely anti-this-war.
                              Not really. Dems were always about whatever could get them into power. They were anti-Bush this war. Now that their boy is in the WH mums the word when it comes to Iraq policy or Afghan policy.

In a nutshell, Sheehan always was a useful idiot.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X