This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    You can't troll someone looking for a fight, dumbass.
    Keep giving him what he wants and he'll never leave.

Dumbass.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
      Thanks for demonstrating why you're the ideal opponent for Ben. You seem to have whatever he has.
      Indeed.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        I haven't argued with Ben for a while, because I decided the malevolence radiating from him just wasn't worth being around. The idea that I'd run from an argument with you though it frankly hilarious. You're about a third as clever as you think you are. You write extremely tedious page long diatribes where you try and twist the truth to suit your nonsense while stupidly believing everyone else is too dumb to notice.

But you know the worst part? You're boring. Really, really ****ing boring. I stopped arguing with you because I realized that literally nothing you had to say was even interesting. In that way, you're actually worse than Ben.
        All good points but don't interrupt....He's "looking for a fight" with Ben.

Comment

You can't troll someone looking for a fight, dumbass.
          Ben doesn't care what your response is. He just wants the attention. He basically tricked you into replying to him over and over again. That's all he cares about.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            One, nobody here preaches a prosperity Gospel - that if God loves them they will be blessed with wealth. If someone were - yes I'd be smacking them with this stick.
            Of course you would, Mr. Carny Barker for free market capitalism.

Two, the people decrying that 'I don't preach against possessions' are Communists who believe that Christianity justifies their envy of the wealthier and state confiscation of other's private possessions. Why would I affirm them?
            Are they ? Who are these 'Communists' ? Presumably if you 'know' they are 'Communists' you can identify them for us. Also, if a part of the New Testament agrees with one of the tenets of another belief system, is it to be discarded because you're scared it might indicate support for a rival belief ? If so, you'll find that Buddhism and Zoroastrianism and Judaism and Islam (to name but 4) share features with the Christian New Testament.

What about, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?"
            Or in your case, do as I say, not do as I do.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Then why are you insisting you would make a better Christian?
              Because if there were ever a better booster for atheism or alternative belief systems to Christianity than you, outside of the likes of the Renaissance popes and Torquemada I haven't seen it.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                Keep giving him what he wants and he'll never leave.

Dumbass.
                I'm on record as wanting him to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  Ben doesn't care what your response is. He just wants the attention. He basically tricked you into replying to him over and over again. That's all he cares about.
                  What Ben wants is irrelevant to me in regards to our discussion here. I'll let you and Wezil worry about that. For me, I know full well what the discussion will be before entering it, and have chosen to do so.

I will of course note that you give Ben more attention than I do ... not that I think that's a bad thing ...
                  Last edited by Aeson; November 26, 2013, 14:00.

Comment

I'm on record as wanting him to stay.
                    That would explain why you are so broken then.

The guy that argues with Ben calls me dumbass.

****ing priceless.
                    Last edited by Wezil; November 26, 2013, 14:51.

Comment

I will of course note that you give Ben more attention than I do ... not that I think that's a bad thing ...
                      Complete hyperbole. We don't give Ben three pages of pointless arguments to post about like you and Molly do.

The only reason to debate with Ben is to win easy arguments. But that is like competing in the Special Olympics.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        That would explain why you are so broken then.

They guy that argues with Ben calls me dumbass.

****ing priceless.
                        I enjoy arguing with Ben on occasion. It bothers me not at all that Ben posts here.

I understand that both of those things cause you and some other posters added consternation ... which of course only increases my enjoyment.

The dumbass here is the one who has stated they don't like posting on Poly, and don't want people posting about Ben, having a discussion about Ben on Poly. (HINT: that's you, moron)

Comment

• I'd much rather talk about Ben than talk to him.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Complete hyperbole. We don't give Ben three pages of pointless arguments to post about like you and Molly do.

The only reason to debate with Ben is to win easy arguments. But that is like competing in the Special Olympics.
                            If you are disabled it's where you belong I guess.

Comment

I respond to Ben once or twice a month on average, and rarely mention him otherwise. You respond to and/or mention Ben constantly.

If you don't want to give Ben attention, stop. But please dont! It's hilarious to watch you whine about people giving Ben attention when even by doing so you are giving Ben the attention you claim he wants.

You forgot several things. The most topical is of course that it's a great way to get under the skin of people like you and Wezil. That's always an added bonus.

Comment

I respond to Ben once or twice a month on average, and rarely mention him otherwise. You respond to and/or mention Ben constantly.

If you don't want to give Ben attention, stop. But please dont! It's hilarious to watch you whine about people giving Ben attention when even by doing so you are giving Ben the attention you claim he wants.
                                When was the last time I responded to Ben. With this threads exception, I have only mentioned Ben in a few posts in response to posters like you, who go on with him for pages. Hardly comparable to your need for a Ben fix.

You forgot several things. The most topical is of course that it's a great way to get under the skin of people like you and Wezil. That's always an added bonus.
                                You would keep going with him, even if Wezil and I said nothing. We are just trying to help you. You are the one who got (now hilariously) defensive about it.
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X