Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DaShi
    replied
    Having read it, I can say that it should be deleted. It was vile and offensive, and Ben's getting off light with a 6 month ban.

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Yeah, it also sends the message to anyone reading them that yes there are things that are not acceptable, and creates a permanant record that the offending party can't try and deny later.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Interesting development; almost like a Christmas gift to make up for the lack of seasonal smilies this year.

    Too bad the offending Kenobi posts have been redacted; I would have liked to see for myself what is considered over the line.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hauldren Collider
    replied
    Gribbler, how many goddamn DLs do you have at this point?

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    pass mustard
    That sounds painful

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    As I said, there's a grey area between friendly joking, consensual jousting, and bigoted attacks, even if in some cases they could deal with the same stereotypes. The admins/moderators are here to make judgement calls as best we can.

    Nationality would be protected in some cases. The WWIII thread appears mostly consensual and reciprocative. (I haven't read through most of that thread. Maybe a couple hundred of the posts at most.) In the context of a nationalistic dick waving match, some things might pass mustard where in a blindside attack on an unrelated topic they wouldn't.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Serb's Russianism has been fair game for awhile

    Leave a comment:


  • Pedotard
    replied
    "Nationality" wasn't included, can I belittle non-Americans?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    The ones listed in the post previous. Perhaps some others. IQ and dick size are acceptable targets of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pedotard
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Kid's posts are over the course of the last couple months (and then early this year) and are still all there. None of them on their own would warrant a banning but in aggregate and with the previous warning on the topic it reached the threshold.

    Ben's posts have been deleted as we don't want that on the forum. Just don't attack or belittle someone based on their race (or other protected aspect of their being).
    Which aspects of being are protected?

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Interesting that banned members can still thank posts. I'll see if I can dig up Furry Diaper Dickgirl Pizza Fetish's password so I can go on a thanking spree

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    The bannings are stupid.
    Having said that, Al Sharpton sucks pig penis.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Please, no taunting of posters who are not able to respond at this time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hauldren Collider
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    Let's wait and see eh, there's been a theory that activity has been low because of every thread turning into a massive ****fest, so it'll be interesting to see if things actually improve now and people post more as a result.
    This. I know I have personally been avoiding many threads as soon as I see Kidicious or Ben have posted in them, because there is no longer a discussion to be had. They have been incessantly threadshitting. It's annoying as hell.

    Leave a comment:


  • regexcellent
    replied
    Kiddy was pissing me off more than BK for once. BK at least ****posts about more than one topic.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X