Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate the intent of the tag but it's doomed to failure.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Who would support creating a subforum either for "serious" threads or for "anything goes" threads?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I support creating a subforum for Ben Kenobi.

All Ben and only Ben.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Given this forum's attitude, that would fit perfectly in the "anything goes" box.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Who would support creating a subforum either for "serious" threads or for "anything goes" threads?
            That was considered many times and it was always laughed down because..
            1. How could you tell the difference on a lot of threads.
            2. Someone would have to judge every thread to make sure it was in the right place.

But times are different.

I'd still say no.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I have no idea if this is possible with the forum technology that exists today, but I'd love to see a way of tagging threads (nsfw, politics, spam, etc.) and letting users sort and filter the threads they see.

Comment

• First... it would creat more work for the mods. And from seeing how much the mods "like" work, probably not a good idea.

Second, there are many users here who would purposely mistitle threads just for the "fun" of it.

While there are some that are or act like children here, the bulk of the users are adults, and they can filter what they see just as easily without no stinking tags
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I personally guarantee you that I'll mistitle for the fun of it.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Actual tagging is a feature; it was enabled for a short period of time a while back, shortly after the upgrade. However, it's hard to maintain and lends itself to substantial abuse.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                      The 'serious' thread tag is absurd.
                      I thought that was the purpose of the tag.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Do we have any recourse if we are trolled by a moderator?
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• That's never stopped me from going all out. And look at me!
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Loin for president?

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I prefer not to get into heated debates/arguments if I can help it, but when Lori displays such a complete lack of neutrality and even goes so far as to taunt one of the participants of such a discussion then it seems clear to me that somebody else needs to step in. Will PMing Plomp do any good, or do the current owners treat the OT as a ghetto (with which they'd rather not be bothered) like the previous owners do?
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Plomp does not get involved with the OT
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X