Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not discussing that case now. I have stated my view on that already. Now, let's go back to the case at hand, please.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      Okay, so you're being petty. Mystery solved.
      Actually, I'd say it's you who is petty here.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• There have been dozens of sexually explicit threads in the past few months that you haven't commented upon - the only reason you're doing so now is because of Ben's ban. In other words, you're being petty.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          Actually, I'd say it's you who is petty here.
          Oh no, the "I'm a mirror an you're glue" defense. I am slain.

Comment

There have been dozens of sexually explicit threads in the past few months that you haven't commented upon - the only reason you're doing so now is because of Ben's ban. In other words, you're being petty.
            No. I don't frequent here much nowadays, so I miss a lot of them I suppose. But this one was far beyond what I would like to get unnoticed.

As for the glue thing, I'm just stating a fact. You act petty. There is no use dragging Ben's case into this.

Comment

• Hold on let me get comfortable... there we go

/POPCORN
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

As for the glue thing, I'm just stating a fact. You act petty. There is no use dragging Ben's case into this.
                I'm "petty" for disliking it when somebody physically threatens me multiple times over the course of a month? You wouldn't happen to be making this judgment just because you approve of Ben threatening people, would you? Would you have been as vehement in defending somebody else who had threatened another poster?

You keep saying that Ben is being singled out, but the fact is that you're the only one applying a biased judgment here. Random poster threatens another random poster? Meh. Ben threatens another random poster? Hands off Ben he didn't do anything wrong, now go ban some people for talking about sex because apparently that's worse than threats of violence!!!

Comment

• Someone threatened to blow up an airplane, but the judge dismissed the case. They decided the TSA was being petty. No wait, that doesn't happen because it would be ridiculous.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Someone threatened to blow up an airplane, but the judge dismissed the case. They decided the TSA was being petty. No wait, that doesn't happen because it would be ridiculous.
                    The woman who had a nipple-slip on the flight was sentenced to life in prison. That's the way the world ought to be

Comment

• As I said, you're dragging another case into this. I have said what I wanted to say on this already. Leave the Ben case out of this. Anyway, what are you going to do, ban me?

Comment

The woman who had a nipple-slip on the flight was sentenced to life in prison. That's the way the world ought to be
                        Justice

Comment

Anyway, what are you going to do, ban me?
                          So you believe that disagreements should always be settle by coercion? No wonder you approve of Ben's threats

Comment

• Because I know everyone was just waiting to hear my opinion...

BK's threat to Loin didn't strike me as remotely credible. However, it was definitely repeated several times, and BK was already on thin ice for harassment of gays IIUC. The stupid sexual shock-thread copycat might technically merit a warning, but it's better IMO to do what all of us were doing, namely ignoring it and letting it sink like a big, tasteless rock. Making a fuss about it will only reward and give new life to a lame troll that was otherwise dying an ignominious death. It certainly doesn't merit a six-month ban all by itself.

I admit I'm biased here, since I believe BK's behavior was the #1 reason for hostility to Christians on this site (such as the vulgar thread in question).
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Indeed, and I doubt if Ben had been Pentecostal that Asher would have viciously attacked the Roman Catholic Church, something that always bothered me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                BK's threat to Loin didn't strike me as remotely credible. However, it was definitely repeated several times, and BK was already on thin ice for harassment of gays IIUC.
                                Yeah, it was less a matter of my taking his threats seriously, and more a matter of his explicitly saying that he intended for me to take his threats seriously. IMO trolling should be kept legal.

If I trolled Ben by stealing his identity or infecting his computer or whatever then I should be banned even if the identity theft / computer infection caused no real harm (e.g. if I drained his bank account and then put the money back after freaking him out, or if the computer virus did nothing more than change his screen saver to dancing dicks). Ben trolled me by committing assault, which pushed things a bit too far even if no physical harm was done.

Comment

Working...
                                X