Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know anything about Norv Turner so I'll vote against it.

Comment

• It's not a serious request. It was an attempt to get under Ben's skin while he was viewing the thread.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He's banned but he's still reading the forum compulsively. He really has no life.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          He still registers as "logged in," he just can't post.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            He's banned but he's still reading the forum compulsively. He really has no life.
            wow.

even by AAHZ-standards™ this whole part of the thread is a bit creepy.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Do you even have standards?

Comment

• all too easy.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

• No. He likes the Seattle Seahawks.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• as long as they don't fire Pete Carroll i am just riding this season out.

and we beat the Giants.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

Nikolai: Moral Relativist Extraordinaire

And no, while I can't recall anybody else on apolyton making threats, I highly doubt that anybody has repeated their threats multiple times over the course of a month (with the possible exception of Dale, I was absent during that debacle). That's what crosses the line from "being a schmuck online" to "being a dangerously unbalanced schmuck online"
                      Stick to your standards, that's all. There is a lot of questionable **** going on here every day, but when it's Ben, everything is suddenly much worse and must be stopped with a half year ban. I haven't read the thread in question, but to me this seems like just another case of treating him worse than others because he isn't a part of the gang.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                        Stick to your standards, that's all. There is a lot of questionable **** going on here every day, but when it's Ben, everything is suddenly much worse and must be stopped with a half year ban. I haven't read the thread in question, but to me this seems like just another case of treating him worse than others because he isn't a part of the gang.
                        Who else has physically threatened another poster? Rather, who has physically threatened another poster, been reported to the mods, and not been punished?

Since you can't be arsed to read the thread in question before blindly defending BK: He physically threatened another poster (me, and other posters as well), continued to do so over the course of a month, and was banned as a result. Are you still going to say that he shouldn't have been banned? If so, then if threatening another poster isn't worthy of a ban, then what is worthy of a ban?

And for ****'s sake, read the thread before you opine on it. If BK were going to be banned for "not being part of the gang" then he would have been banned years ago. Maybe he was banned for a good reason! Not that you would know this if you can't even read the thread before jumping to his defense.
                        Last edited by loinburger; October 22, 2011, 19:54.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                          as long as they don't fire Pete Carroll i am just riding this season out.

and we beat the Giants.

Comment

He still registers as "logged in," he just can't post.

Good ****ing riddance.

Loin, I'm sorry it took actual threats of violence against you to rid this forum of it's worst asinine moron, but I'm glad that it has finally happened.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Since I am getting PMs from Ben.

Remember the rules:
                              "The Off Topic Forum will be moderated more lightly than other forums.
                              Topics that might be considered 'spam' or 'trolling' in on topic forums will more often be tolerated in the Off Topic.
                              Posters who want to have serious debates can insert the label "[serious]" into their thread titles. We'd ask users to respect their wishes and remain on topic in those threads. If you wish to have a lighthearted thread on the same subject, start a new thread.
                              Jokes / mild name-calling / banter etc. are allowed as along as their attitude is jovial or humorous. Malicious personal attacks, attacks that are deemed to be aimed at driving other users from the site and personal threats will not be tolerated.
                              There may be some quirky traditions in the Off Topic that appear to break some of the main site rules, such as the Finnish thread. These are allowed."

Many of you have at some point broken one (probably I have too), and some are prone to breaking them. Neither I nor Mike nor anyone who moderates the OT are inclined to strictly enforce the rules and even HC is old enough to be reasonable and responsible and behave (generally).

If someone, in this case Ben, repeatedly breaks the rules and behaves inappropriately, then that person will be banned. This means 6 months or more.

If you don't want to be banned, behave appropriately.

Jon
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• attacks that are deemed to be aimed at driving other users from the site... will not be tolerated

(\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X