• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should be banned for being sexy.

SP
    I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
      You can't be bothered to search for it, don't expect me to do it. (while the wording is important here!)

Anyway, I get the impression that you believe that Ben considers gay-blood unworthy in itself. That would be indeed a violation of the rules.

But I get the impression that Ben just believes that gays have a higher risk for infected blood. That's not an uncommon point of view. Our laws had, at least untill not that long ago, perhaps still today, an exclusion for gay blood donors as well for the same reasons.

To me it does not look worse then any of the many vile comments you guys made towards Ben. Of course we can always lower the tolerance of the Off Topic Forum.

But Asher, one honest question, are you really offended and shocked by the stuff Ben says, or is this one big game for you?
      I am genuinely sickened and enraged by the stuff Ben says. It disgusts me.

He compounds it by intentionally being intellectual dishonest at every opportunity. While he's not expressing his opinion which consistently equates gays to pedophiles (and pedophiles to gays), or being so very disgusted by having the thought of a gay man's blood in the blood system even if it's 100% clean, he's intentionally misrepresenting the positions of others. He's not here to debate, he's here to stir ****. He knows what he's doing, there's no other excuse for his behaviour.

His presence at this site, as it is now...unchecked...is undoubtedly a deterrent to new visitors. I tried to get one of my best friends posting here (woollyleanne), but she only posted a few times before encountering Ben in one of the hockey threads and was aghast that such dishonesty and bigotry was allowed here. She hasn't returned since.

I fear your "spirituality" is blinding you to his flaws. It's not that he's religious and simply doesn't like gays -- it's that he lies about it. He's completely made up numbers about how prevalent HIV is in the gay community, for instance. When asked for a citation, he cites a study seemingly at random. When I actually get a copy of the study, the rate of HIV infection is orders of magnitude lower than his claim. Then he ignores it with a claim about "margin of error" and moves on. He constantly ****s in those threads with bull**** "facts", "stats", and "opinions" about gays that are simply slander. He paints the entire community at large with his derogatory paintbrush. Your point about gays having a higher risk of HIV infection and not wanting that in the blood system isn't the point -- others on Apolyton have agreed with that position and haven't gotten much argument. Ben takes things a step farther by expressing moral outrage that one of the posters here -- a gay man -- gave blood at a blood drive at his High School. He was then a complete virgin, did not do any IV drugs, etc. In other words, not at all at risk for HIV. Not only did Ben express righteous indignation, he accused the poster of LYING to people in order to give blood -- the scenario he posted essentially framed the poster like some psychopath trying to infect the heterosexual blood bank. It was absurd.

I don't know if it's an English problem, because your English seems fine...or if it's a sympathetic-religious-person problem...but you don't seem to be capable of understanding why people have major problems with Ben on this site. Which is alarming. Again, people don't hate him because he's religious or Christian (there's many people at this site that are better Christians than he is, and they're pretty much universally loved). Ben is a hateful, lying bastard who gets a kick out of it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I agree with asher 100%. Ben does not hold debatable positions, he's either a troll or a flaming bigot and we should draw the line on this site somewhere.

Unlike other trolls, Ben isn't funny to anyone else, as well.

Ban Ben.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Here are the posts in question where he accuses DRose of being a selfish liar and put many lives at risk for giving blood: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showp...3&postcount=34

In this post, he refers to a homosexual as "one of you"....and accuses DRose of lying in order to donate blood, which makes him "happy": http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showp...&postcount=266

This post is a bonus: In this one he compares gay men in long-term monogamous relationships (eg, me) to an animal that only exists in fiction:

And another bonus...that's the thread he was talking about how black people are more likely to be gay.

Another bonus: He said the reason gay teenagers have such a high suicide rate is that they were raped by gay men.

This is also the thread where he blatantly makes up numbers to slander gays, backs them up with fake citations, then ignores people calling him out on it.

THIS IS ALL IN ONE SINGLE THREAD. This goes FAR beyond his Christianity, don't you think?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• One may not agree with Ben, but were he to be banned, he certainly shouldn't be the only one. His opinions may run counter to yours, but they're his opinions.
            There are other logins here that make no pretext of stating an opinion, and merely flame.

Hauldren, with all due respect, you haven't been here long enough to open your mouth.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Not all opinions are equal. I don't want to hear a racist's opinion, and I don't want to hear a bigot's opinion. They're free to have their bigoted opinions elsewhere, this is a site with educated, (mostly) sensible people who don't want to be associated with such vile people.

Comment

• You are also a bigot. Why is your bigotry excused and not the bigotry of others?

You appeal to no standard other than things/people you like and those you don't.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Are you calling me a bigot because I believe a 6 year old girl cannot be a terrorist?

I admit, I'm ageist. Book me.

Comment

• Nah, you're a bigot because you don't like it when people tell you your blood is tainted. Your like those bigoted blacks who complained about black people's blood being separated from the white people's blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Are you calling me a bigot because I believe a 6 year old girl cannot be a terrorist?

I admit, I'm ageist. Book me.
                      You are a bigot toward youth and toward Christians. But you somehow don't think that counts.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• How is Asher bigoted toward children?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          You are a bigot toward youth and toward Christians. But you somehow don't think that counts.
                          I really hope you're joking about the youth thing. I know you're not, but I still hold out hope.

I'm not bigoted against Christians. I troll a lot about them specifically targeted to Ben, because it's Ben. But I'm on very good with most (if not all) other Christians on this site. Most people here are pretty astute about this kind of thing, but apparently not everyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            How is Asher bigoted toward children?
                            I do admit to having particular bias against them. For instance, I don't find them attractive and I don't **** them. But we all have our flaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              I do admit to having particular bias against them. For instance, I don't find them attractive and I don't **** them. But we all have our flaws.
                              But you do support their right to get married and work in factories, right? Only a total bigot would oppose child labor.

Comment

• I have a dream:

Equal rights

Comment

Working...
                                X