The Altera Centauri collection has been brought up to date by Darsnan. It comprises every decent scenario he's been able to find anywhere on the web, going back over 20 years.
25 themes/skins/styles are now available to members. Check the select drop-down at the bottom-left of each page.
Call To Power 2 Cradle 3+ mod in progress: https://apolyton.net/forum/other-games/call-to-power-2/ctp2-creation/9437883-making-cradle-3-fully-compatible-with-the-apolyton-edition
I will take a look at the list and make any changes I see fit.
I'm not as hard core as some of the past owners, and I do not see a need to make this a site appropriate for young children since few or none of our members fall in that category, even though some act like it
I will take a look at the list and make any changes I see fit.
I'm not as hard core as some of the past owners, and I do not see a need to make this a site appropriate for young children since few or none of our members fall in that category, even though some act like it
I disagree but I guess you own the site so you can make any arbitrary stuff up that you want. As for editing wouldn't it be better to make a list of all the banned and censored words so that people know what they are not supposed to say and can work around it?
I was observing to Solver the other day that Plomp and Gühmann didn't know how good they had it until Civ5 - there was still a live, if a bit sickly, On Topic going until that, and downloads tech problems drove off the II-heads...
I swear like sailor sometimes in private, as self can attest, but - that ain't no way to put your thoughts out in public where decent people might see and be bothered.
[shrugs] Civ7 is due about now, and we'd really like to have this house in order when it comes, for all that it's odd-number and will doubtless suck....
And if we censor it our selves? Something like f@ck or sh!t?
I would argue that it's still inappropriate, if we are still adhering to the "family friendly," work safe standard previously held. you know where the line is, and relying on words that would be caught by the autocensor weakens whatever point you're trying to make.
So pretty please, don't get around the autocensor.
If you type in circumventions like that, normally I delete the post and any quoting it -mostly only if you're making a habit of it- but that's a legit question, so it's okay. It's better if you type in the asterisks yourself, maybe leaving the first letter for clarity. That's what I try to do when I need to cuss and remember to. The search engines have a way to see what you really said, too, if you leave it to the swear filter - and that's another little embarrassment to the site, tending nudge us us out of any 'decent' site rating...
A word to the wise -and nothing that happened this week is triggering this announcement- even when the autocensor catches it, we can check what the term used was, and you are not necessarily immune to any possible sanctions. -Only fair to put that out there.
Leave a comment: