• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist germany strikes again, though it took some time to discover

German football song irks Muslims
    FC Schalke 04 fans
    FC Schalke 04 are contenders for the Bundesliga title

An anthem sung by fans of the German football club FC Schalke 04 has drawn protests from Muslims because of its reference to the Prophet Muhammad.

The Gelsenkirchen club, which plays in Germany's top league, the Bundesliga, has asked an Islam expert to consider whether the song might be insulting.

The third verse contains the words: "Muhammad was a prophet who understood nothing about football".

"But of all the lovely colours he chose [Schalke's] blue and white," it goes.

The club has received hundreds of e-mails from angry Muslims recently, since Turkish media carried reports about the song.

Police in Gelsenkirchen, in the industrial Ruhr region of western Germany, say they are taking the Muslim complaints very seriously.

The head of Germany's Central Council of Muslims, Aiman Mazyek, said his council would not call for a ban on the anthem, but would like "an explanation of its background".

The song is called "Blue and White, how I love you" and in German the lyrics about Muhammad read: Mohammed war ein Prophet, der vom Fussballspielen nichts versteht. Doch aus all der schoenen Farbenpracht hat er sich das Blau und Weisse ausgedacht.

The German news website Deutsche Welle says the song was written in 1924 and it is not clear when the Muhammad reference made its way in.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Emissaries for Islam have been dispatched.

Don't mind their bulky vests. It's just the fashion.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I see BlackCat has praticed submission to the true masters of Denmark.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        I see BlackCat has praticed submission to the true masters of Denmark.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Second that. (And where's the racism?)

Comment

Kill a Cleric - Win an Audi!
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

Sort of an "Audis for Saudis" program, then?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

First they claim he was a kiddy fiddler, now they claim he dunno nuthin' about football! When will this ever end?
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Khomeini looks down upon these pathetic infidel pigs. Do they not know there is no fun in Islam?
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Islam is a race?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      Islam is a race?
                      Haven't you heard? Racist is the new jerk.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        Islam is a race?
                        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                          Why not?
                          True that, I mean Judaism used to be.

Comment

Working...
                          X