Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should fatness be a factor in choosing the surgeon general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying that only high-level bureaucrats are qualified?
    I'm saying that typically surgeon generals have had previous experience at the national level at running a bureaucracy.

She has some experience in the state of Mississippi, but Mississippi isn't exactly a large state.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yes, and Alaska is a microcosm of America.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

As far as I know, the surgeon general is a media position. Her bedside manner is hugely more important than any other real qualifications that she has.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          No my point is the FDA could stand to re-think its priorities. Twenty-five percent of American adults are morbidly obese. Denying them a medication that might halve their numbers just to protect a few potheads from going into withdrawal when taking the drug seems to me to be a serious error in priorities.. It would be better to approve the drug and stick a warning label on it.
          I'm curious. Why didn't they control for weed smokers? Was the sponsor of the study also the manufacturer?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yes, and Alaska is a microcosm of America.
            Sauce for the goose.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
            X