Spontaneous Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spontaneous Travel

I suddenly feel the urge to get the hell out of Toronto.

I'm a couple clicks away from buying at 6:30am flight to Calgary tomorrow morning. Could go surprise my 'rents and SO (who is currently there already for a bit). I really, really crave a day or two in the mountains.

Could 'work from home' during the week from Calgary next week.

But now I'm thinking, why not somewhere else? Maybe Vegas. Or something odd like Chicago. Maybe take a train to Montreal for a few days.

Ever get the urge to just go somewhere spontaneously?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Do it!

You have the money...

I have the urge but won't go somewhere by myself.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      Do it!

You have the money...

I have the urge but won't go somewhere by myself.

JM
      Well I shouldn't be spending the money because I have a job, but the SO doesn't. And we are saving up for a downpayment on a house/condo.

But, that's no fun.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ever get the urge to just go somewhere spontaneously?
        All the time. Love to go south again to Texas.

As for your dilemma, you should stay in Toronto. Garbage strike FTW.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Will your boyfriend be okay with you choosing to go anywhere else when you could have gone to see him?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            Will your boyfriend be okay with you choosing to go anywhere else when you could have gone to see him?
            Yes. He's only gone there for a few weeks (sick parent). Then he comes back to me anyway.

Comment

Come to B-more. You can stay at my house as long as it's not next weekend. Already have somebody coming over.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I don't know. Sometimes surprising your SO isn't such a great idea.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

By the time you post an opinion thread on Poly about whether or not to do it... the spontaneity is already lost.

Comment

Well the next available flight wasn't til 6:30am anyway.

The idea is getting less appealing though. Now I'm just feeling more lazy.

Comment

Go to Shanghai, they have a big gay scene over there these days. Also, didn't we used to have a gay poster in Shanghai?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        I suddenly feel the urge to get the hell out of Toronto.
                        I have to go there tomorrow.

Apparently the uncollected trash is getting ripe. Maybe I can mention it to some strikers as I cross their picket line.

Should be an interesting day.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I live in a condo...the strike doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Comment

It should be privatized city wide. Useless union.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

This post has made me hate Asher even more. I'm boiling with rage. Should we cut suck your meat too for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X