Happy Dominion Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    Does Canada suc up the brits or the french?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      Quiet Thoth. It's in our interests to see Ben get his coveted US citizenship.
      True, but he'd have to resign his membership in the Taliban first, and that doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Why should I celebrate Trudeau's holiday?

If they called it Dominion day, I'd be proud to go out and celebrate. But sadly, that name wasn't good enough for Mr. Trudeau.
        Trudeau

Harper
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

True, but he'd have to resign his membership in the Taliban first, and that doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future.
          Papa Benedict = the Taliban?

I'm puzzled by your comment Thoth.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

10 reason you know if your'e canadain
            1. You try to get high by smoking maple leaves.
            2. You have a big bruise on your forehead from slipping on the ice on the sidewalk.
            3. You realize that the moose you're trying to hunt looks a little like your mother.
            4. When you're sawing a pine tree, you suddenly figure that it's gonna topple over you because you're standing on the wrong side.
            5. You think you're better than the Americans when you're obviously wrong.
            6. You try to make up for your stupidity by making fun of Americans, only to find out that they don't take that crap.
            7. When you mention the name of your president, everybody says, "WHO??"
            8. When you mention the name of your country, everybody says, "WHAT??"
            9. When you're walking by the Notre Dame Cathedral, you realize that it's an exact copy of the one in Paris and figure out that your country has nothing original.
            10. You become very jealous of America because America is so much richer, better, and more powerful than Canada.

Comment

A Texan, a Canadian, and a guy from Michigan are out riding horses. The Texan pulls out an expensive bottle of whiskey, takes a shot, then another, and suddenly throws the bottle in the air, pulls out his gun and shoots the bottle in mid-air. The Canadian looks at him and says, "What are you doing?! That was a perfectly good bottle of whiskey!". The Texan says, "In Texas, there's plenty of whiskey and bottles are cheap."
              A while later, not wanting to be outdone, the Canadian pulls out a bottle of champagne, takes a few sips, throws the bottle in the air, pulls out his gun and shoots it. The guy from Michigan can't believe this and says, "What did you do that for? That was an expensive bottle of Champagne!". The Canadian says, "In Canada there's plenty of champagne and bottles are cheap."
              So, a while later the guy from Michigan pulls out a bottle of beer. He opens it, takes a sip, takes another sip, and then chugs the rest. He then puts the bottle back in his saddlebag, pulls out his gun, turns around, and shoots the Canadian.
              The Texan, shocked, says, "Why did you do that?" The guy from Michigan says, "Well, in Michigan, we have plenty of Canadians, but bottles are worth a dime."

Comment

"And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined"

...always thought the 'shamrock' was more 'chained by cruel fate' than 'entwined in love'....
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

The Dominion lost against the Federation + Klingons + Romulans
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                    10 reason you know if your'e canadain
                    1. You try to get high by smoking maple leaves.
                    2. You have a big bruise on your forehead from slipping on the ice on the sidewalk.
                    3. You realize that the moose you're trying to hunt looks a little like your mother.
                    4. When you're sawing a pine tree, you suddenly figure that it's gonna topple over you because you're standing on the wrong side.
                    5. You think you're better than the Americans when you're obviously wrong.
                    6. You try to make up for your stupidity by making fun of Americans, only to find out that they don't take that crap.
                    7. When you mention the name of your president, everybody says, "WHO??"
                    8. When you mention the name of your country, everybody says, "WHAT??"
                    9. When you're walking by the Notre Dame Cathedral, you realize that it's an exact copy of the one in Paris and figure out that your country has nothing original.
                    10. You become very jealous of America because America is so much richer, better, and more powerful than Canada.
                    Any Canadian reading that can tell instantly it was written by an American.

Do you know why Doc?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'd guess #7 is a dead give away.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        Quiet Thoth. It's in our interests to see Ben get his coveted US citizenship.
                        Not without a fight you don't.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                            Isn't it odd that the strangest Canadian at Poly wants desperately to be an American?

And in answer to my question - Two reasons:

1) It isn't really funny
                            2) Displays a complete lack of knowledge of things non-American (yes #7 being the giveaway)
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Isn't it odd that the strangest Canadian at Poly wants desperately to be an American?
                              Isn't it odd that in such a haven of patriotic Canadians, I was the one to start the thread?

Far as I can see, the only difference between me and you is that I love America rather then Europe.

You don't see Americans changing the name of their day to "USA Day", in order to appease minorities who have no understanding of Canadian history and culture.

If I'm strange by Poly standards, rest assured Poly is strange out where I am from...
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You're so cute.

Yes, you started the thread and called it Dominion Day.

Of course that bastard Trudeau is the first thing that comes to mind with the mention of Canada Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X