Buying a laptop in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a laptop in Canada

A Filapina friend of mine who is studying in Toronto to be a pharmacist wants to buy a new laptop. She wants to know if it's better to buy one in Canada or order one from the USA. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

a) Unbelievable!

b) If she is currently in Canada and tries to purchase one from the US and have it shipped to her then she will end up paying through the nose to customs. She will have to pony up GST/PST as well as tariffs depending on the original country of manufacture. If she is currently in the US then she will be able to bring the computer with her without anybody being the wiser, as long as the computer has been unpackaged and set up.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'll tell her I can buy one in the US and bring it to her when I visit her. She's on vacation now.
      Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Is her name Karen?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, not Karen. She says she wants an Apple MacBook 13" although what she has now is an XP laptop. Will all of her XP software be useless on the MacBook?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughtermeyer View Post
            I'll tell her I can buy one in the US and bring it to her when I visit her. She's on vacation now.
            *Wezil alerts Canada Customs...
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

**** Canada Customs. I just alerted the RCMP and CSIS and my MP.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

We're on the same page.

I don't give a **** about the laptop - it's the fact Mr. Slaughter is planning a visit. The man is dangerous.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe we can get him extradited to the US. That will teach him.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    a) Unbelievable!

b) If she is currently in Canada and tries to purchase one from the US and have it shipped to her then she will end up paying through the nose to customs. She will have to pony up GST/PST as well as tariffs depending on the original country of manufacture. If she is currently in the US then she will be able to bring the computer with her without anybody being the wiser, as long as the computer has been unpackaged and set up.
                    This doesn't read like a positive ad for NAFTA to me.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This has nothing to do with NAFTA.
                      NAFTA doesn't mean **** isn't taxed. It means there's no tariffs for certain things.

****, it's the same provincially for some things too. If I buy a car in Alberta and move to Ontario they'll demand I pay provincial sales tax on the vehicle.

Comment

Move to Toronto and you can pay a third time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          Move to Toronto and you can pay a third time.
                          I bought my car in Ontario (Cambridge) and they still tried very, very hard to make me pay PST on it again when I moved back here again from Alberta.

Alberta, FWIW, did not ask I pay PST on the car. For obvious reasons.

They did make me take it to a certified mechanic for a safety inspection. You know how unreliable those 1 year old Japanese cars bought in Ontario are.

Comment

It's because they have driven 12 months on Ontario roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                              We're on the same page.

I don't give a **** about the laptop - it's the fact Mr. Slaughter is planning a visit. The man is dangerous.
                              Maybe you can get Canada's JDL to protest. The protest worked to get George Galloway declared inadmissable under Canada's immigration act. Even Israel did not bar Galloway from their country. Ironically the JDL itself is considered a terrorist organization by the FBI.

Last edited by Slaughtermeyer; June 29, 2009, 20:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X