Honduras: Army 1, President 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
    I'm not sure that the military is supporting the constitution. Sounds like President Zelaya tried to get a referendum on the ballot. The supreme court said, "tain't legal." The President tried to bypass that decision and the legislature, who also opposed the referendum, by using the Army to distribute the referendum directly to the people. The Army refused and their commander was fired. The legislature then voted a different person as President, and the Army arrested the current President. Apparently, the actions in the previous sentence are beyond their powers in the the current constitution.

If the paragraph above summarizes actions to date, then supporters of DEMOCRACY must support the restoration of Zelaya, the ELECTED President. The referendum will not appear on the ballot, but removal of the Pres must be done legally, not by having the most guns. The coup underway must be undone.
    The only thing missing that I read was that the Court ordered the president to reinstate the army commander and he refused.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
      On a related note, it is absolutely hilarious listening to Chavez, Morales and Correa talk about military action

Wasn't he suppose to destroy Columbia or some **** last year? Looks like he is afraid of letting his army get too far away from him.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Good for the army.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us View Post
          In the US the military doesn't have policing powers, that's different in other countries.
          What Patty said. You're probably thinking of Posse Comitatus, which is only statutory. The officer's oath has an older and arguably more constitutionally established pedigree, which the SCOTUS would surely take into consideration.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
          X