Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia: Soon we will display the Arc of the Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia: Soon we will display the Arc of the Covenant

The original story is in italian:

News dell'ultima ora dall'Italia e dal mondo. Notizie, video, rubriche e approfondimenti su Sport, Cronaca, Economia, Politica, Salute e tanto altro

I skimmed it using google translate.

I don't know what to make of this story, and I have absolutely no info on the source credibility.

It still interests me due to possibly incredible consequences in fields of politics as well as mass religion.

Israeli history and bible researches have long searched for evidence of the arc's existance and location, and several rumors lead some researchers to believe it may be stashed in the coffers in Ethiopia, of all places (another theory is that it might still be hidden in the Vatican).

What ever the nature of the arc is, it's clear that there was some physical object that was present in Jewish ritual in the temple, and was lost (aka stolen) due to frequent occupations of the historic Jewish state.

You can use google translate to try and read it...

If somehow true, it could be explosive stuff.

If the supposed ark in Ethiopia was worth anything then the Italians would have taken it in the 1930's and stashed it in Rome. I'm afraid this is just another holy relic fake.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

*whistles Indiana Jones theme*
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        If the supposed ark in Ethiopia was worth anything then the Italians would have taken it in the 1930's and stashed it in Rome. I'm afraid this is just another holy relic fake.
        They tried, but being fascists, it melted their faces off.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I place zero credence in this report, but if it's anywhere, Ethiopia might be the place it would be, given the religious migration of the time.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Weren't there Jews in Ethiopia too?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

This should be amusing.

: popcorn :
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The real news is the extreme lapse of security at one of our military's most secret locations
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Probably stolen when they came for the magnetic chrystal
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                      Weren't there Jews in Ethiopia too?

JM
                      There still are some. Once upon a time, Jews were the majority. But then most Ethiopian Jews became very early converts to christianity, which is why the christian patriarch might have come away with the Arc of the Covenant (in this scenario). Incidentally, the christian community in Ethiopia is among the oldest -- perhaps even older than most of the early christian communities in the Roman Empire. I also remember vaguely that the christians in Ethiopia held on fairly closely to many of the Jewish traditions.

This history is all from memory, so there may be nuances or things that I got wrong.
                      Last edited by DanS; June 18, 2009, 12:43.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Also, large quantities of Ethiopean jews were brought to Israel in several covert and several overt operations.

Some 4000 people were rescued from Famine in an undercover airlift performed by Mossad and the IDF (with some CIA assistance) in operation Moses in 1984.

Another 14,000 were rescued in a covert huge airlift in 1991 (operation Solomon).

Then the doors opened to legal immigration, and currently according to Wiki, over 110K people (out of a population of 130K) are living in Israel.

Comment

There are plenty of theories out there, and of course it could always be in the Vatican. Everything is in the Vatican.

Personally, the last we know of it is before the exile when Nebuchadnezzar rolled through Jerusalem and sacked the temple. After that it is lost to history.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If it doesn't melt Nazis then it's not the real Arc of the Covenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              There are plenty of theories out there, and of course it could always be in the Vatican. Everything is in the Vatican.

Personally, the last we know of it is before the exile when Nebuchadnezzar rolled through Jerusalem and sacked the temple. After that it is lost to history.
                              Actually accepted theory has it that (assuming the first kingdom existed, which not everyone agree to) the arc was stolen prior to that, and possibly taken to land of Kush (ancient hebrew for the area around Ethiopia).

Comment

Working...
                              X