X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Canada has no resources?
    Do some basic research, Dis.
    Also the world's largest diamond mine. But don't tell anybody. It's a secret.

Canada will not become a superpower because it will always lack sufficient population to provide a large tax base. No money, no superpower.

Comment

Ironically, I am writing a story about the collapse of the US into a 2nd civil war and Canada has a big part in it. Though it has no military strength to make it a rival, many states on the northern US border do associate themselves with Canadian than American. Though if any of this did happen the US would not stay together as 1 nation under Jesus...too many states dont agree enough. Texas would seperate into its own country again. The southern and northern states wouldnt stay together. And depending on Mexico parts of SoCal, AZ, and NM would probably fall into Mexican influence *El Republica Del Norte*
      "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
      "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        Then what the **** do you mean? We have oil, hydro, forests, mining, agriculture...

?
        Canada lacks the human capital to be a superpower.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was thinking more about educated individuals. The most intelligent Canadians are being wooed away to greener pastures like Baltimore.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

For reference, populations of the UK, US and Canada
              Code:
                    1901    1921   1951   1981   2002
              UK    41.6    42.8   50.2   56.3  ~58.0
              US    77.6   108.5  153.9  229.4  288.3
              Can    5.3     8.7   14.0   24.8   31.0
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                I was thinking more about educated individuals. The most intelligent Canadians are being wooed away to greener pastures like Baltimore.
                gobble, gobble, slurp, slurp
                The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                  For reference, populations of the UK, US and Canada
                  Code:
                        1901    1921   1951   1981   2002
                  UK    41.6    42.8   50.2   56.3  ~58.0
                  US    77.6   108.5  153.9  229.4  288.3
                  Can    5.3     8.7   14.0   24.8   31.0
                  It's clear that Brits are being lured away. Probably a lot of them get jobs in Hollywood playing the parts of foreigners, like Jean Luc Picard and Hans Gruber.

Comment

USA birth rate: 1.00%
                    Canada birth rate: 1.05%

You pull that out of your ass?

Canada's birthrate is 10.29 per 1000

US birthrate is 14.41 per 1000

US birthrate is nearly 50 percent higher.

Facts and statistics about the Birth rate of United States. Updated as of 2020.

Facts and statistics about the Birth rate of Canada. Updated as of 2020.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

In assessing the truth of this statement I ask all readers to consider the poster.
                      Over annexing US states?

Yeah, I really don't see much desire for that.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Unfortunately, due to poor decisions by extremely liberal politicians, I see Canada eventually becoming the next 10 states, and 3 new territories...or perhaps a bigger state of Alaska. The Canadian Exmperiment has failed...and it is only a matter of time, before we start singing the Star Spangled Banner over God Save the Queen.
                        Please put Asher on your ignore list.
                        Please do not quote Asher.
                        He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

If I were you, I'd hold out for 10 states. That'd give Canadians 1/6 of the Senate. With a bit of help, they might prevent us Yanks from doing so really stupid stuff, like invading other countries and such.

I know Canadian health care is crappy, but it's still far better than American health care. Maybe you can bring your health care system with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Over annexing US states?

Yeah, I really don't see much desire for that.
                            You are more reliable than a compass Ben.

I just take any of your comments and assume the opposite is true.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                              If Canada managed to get nukes, then nukes everyone bigger then Canada they could do it.
                              You do realize only Russia is bigger than Canada right?
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                                Indeed, I am also curious about this question.
                                She has lost 5 kg since me opening the thread.
                                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                                X