I need motivation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need motivation!

I got absolutely nothing done on these 2 days off. What's a good motivator? I simply do not have it, and still procrastinate too much. It's not as bad as the old days, but I relapsed this weekend. The only useful thing was I paid my credit card bill. Over $3000. I would never dream of not paying my credit card bill off. I don't even know what the interest rate is lol. But I'm sure it's over 10% while my savings account makes a piddly .75% interest. . The high bill was due to my eye surgery. After a few weeks my eyes feel almost human again. It sucked for a few weeks.

I'm trying to cut back on spending, but really this just causes me to spend my time in front of the computer spamming this place like I'm doing now. *sigh*. I'm trying to cut back on my drinking to reduce spending and cut calories. And of course I have this constant fear of becoming an alcoholic. Which interestingly, stopping drinking is considered a symptom of an alcoholic. I'm pretty sure I don't drink because I'm an alcoholic, only because I'm bored of computer games and I find myself getting really bored on my weekends.

My main thing I wanted to get done was take some money out of the bank (save say $5000 for emergencies) and put it in something stable that I can get my money out in a few months should I decide to buy a house. So things like CD's are out of the question. Stocks are too as they are too volatile. I have a lot of money in stocks right now, which is useless as I can't take the money out (I'd lose too much money- I need for them to recover first). Should I do money markets? I was supposed to reinvest this weekend, but I'm lazy about doing research.

And I still need to pick up a gift for a baby shower. I have no idea what babies need. Good thing they have a registry. But I don't want to wait until the last minute- I might not be able to find anything.

So aside from getting a wife to nag me (out of the question)- what's a good motivator?

A good motivator is thinking of how you would not like to be Dis.

Comment

Do you need your computer for work ? If not, why not try not turning it on ?

I'm drunk, but I still mkae sense
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I need motivation!

Hm, that sounds a bit drastic. It's probably best if you at least sleep on it.

Comment

A good motivation is to make the appointment. I.e. promise to volunteer, sign up for an admittance test for something (LSAT, GMAT, GRE), find a weekend job, etc... I find that if I have no commitment, I'm not committed... If I'm not busy, I get nothing done.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Build America Bonds, A- rating at S&P, yielding about 6.8%. Issuer is Eastern Michigan University. Appears stable, according to my guy.

Not that I own any...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Seriously, Dis... you remind me of the Green Day song "Longview".
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Buy a woman. They're cheap and plentiful in your neck of the woods.
                I hear strippers are real good at nagging when they finish spending most of your money.
                Great motivation.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So aside from getting a wife to nag me (out of the question)- what's a good motivator?
                  You should work harder. Obama won't be able to afford to take the jet, he'll have to fly first class instead.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Last time I felt demotivated, I started studying biology, something I knew nothing about. It's quite exciting
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Really? I wouldn't have thought you didn't know much about biology. You seemed pretty knowledgeable on L'Event.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

counter spam
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

A good motivator is thinking of how you would not like to be Dis.

That's bad, but I still laughed.

Comment

Working...
                          X