Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patronizing only businesses owned by people of a certain race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to shop at local stores figuring it will help the neighborhood, but never broke it down to race or sexual preference.
    speaking of sexual preference, I do shop at shops with hot chicks in it. . That makes me a sexist.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      I try to shop at local stores figuring it will help the neighborhood, but never broke it down to race or sexual preference.
      I do the same

Comment

Attached Files
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

"Buy American" is more objectionable only because it's far more effective, message-wise.

"We have the real power to do something, to use the money we spend every day to solve our problems," Maggie Anderson said recently at a meet-and-greet in Atlanta. "We have to believe that black businesses are just as good as everybody else's."
          If they're just as good, why would they be worth the (apparently enormous) extra effort?

Comment

Buy American is more objectionable both because it's likely to find more adherents AND because those it attempts to victimize are far more disadvantaged, on average, than are non-black Americans.

EDIT: messed up the analogy the first time
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The average American is more disadvantaged than the average black American?

Comment

a) Note my edit

b) Buy American campaigns ATTEMPT to victimize non-Americans for the benefit of Americans. This campaign ATTEMPTS to victimize non-blacks for the benefits of blacks. Both manage to do the first while failing at the second, of course. The proper comparison is between non-Americans and non-black Americans. Non-black Americans are much richer than non-Americans, on average.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The gains from trade
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    a) Note my edit

b) Buy American campaigns ATTEMPT to victimize non-Americans for the benefit of Americans. This campaign ATTEMPTS to victimize non-blacks for the benefits of blacks. Both manage to do the first while failing at the second, of course. The proper comparison is between non-Americans and non-black Americans. Non-black Americans are much richer than non-Americans, on average.
                    Duh.

Comment

Betting five bucks that, ignoring publicly traded companies, nobody in this thread has bought anything from a black-owned enterprise in a month
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Thanks, but you appeared to be confused in your post. Unless you were simply being snarky and attempting to point out that stupid **** like this harms both the boycotter and the boycottee, while providing a smaller benefit to the alternate supplier (and to suppliers of substituted goods and services)
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oerdin,

Is it racist if I bought preferentially from hispanics?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            Thanks, but you appeared to be confused in your post. Unless you were simply being snarky and attempting to point out that stupid **** like this harms both the boycotter and the boycottee, while providing a smaller benefit to the alternate supplier (and to suppliers of substituted goods and services)
                            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell View Post
                              Betting five bucks that, ignoring publicly traded companies, nobody in this thread has bought anything from a black-owned enterprise in a month
                              a) I bet that a lot fewer (as a percent) publicly traded companies are majority black owned than are non-publicly traded companies

b) You'd be sorely mistaken. I've made purchases from at least 6 different black-owned businesses in the last month (that I know of for sure).
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell View Post
                                I don't think I've bought anything not from a publicly-traded company in a month. (Excluding my university.)

Comment

Working...
                                X