No announcement yet.

Tamil Tigers Tieup Transitway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard to imagine a protest group trying to walk onto and block the freeway here. I'd guess after the first group had been run over the remainder would get the idea that no one was gonna stop.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
      I don't view any threads from work.

Poly is IP banned.

I posted that pic in the "Hot Men Thread"http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/show...ed=1#post12801 at WPC. Let's see how they like it.

ACK!
      You been banned yet?
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

My Gives a **** meter is broken wrt the Tamils.

Live by the sword...

They are a banned terrorist organisation for a reason. I didn't see Tamil protests asking for a ceasefire when the Tigers were assassinating politicians, using suicide bombers and doing well with their insurrection. Now that they are getting their asses handed to them they insist that we in the west should do something.

I like how the Toronto protesters put their children at the front of the barricade. Pure class.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          WHich is probably why they involve children. Great photo ops when cops are wacking kids with batons.
          Or showing some 5 year old retching from tear gas.
          How do you shoot women and children?

Easy, you just don't lead 'em so much.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

They were blocking the traffic at parliament hill a few weeks ago, refusing to leave "until their demands were met"... Good thing they moved on to Toronto so we don't have to see their ugly faces anymore
            Do they still claim that the Sri Lankan government are genociding tamils with chemical weapons?
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

**** the tigers.

A few months before I visited Sri Lanka in 1998, they bombed the "temple of the tooth relic", which shockingly is home to the alleged tooth of buddha. Thus, the temple was closed to all visitors and I could only view the golden roofed temple from a distance.

I'll be really happy for my ex-roommates who I was crashing with, once this insurection is put down. When I was there, there were sandbag military checkpoints all over the place. Pretty tense.

Comment

Where are Siegfried & Roy when you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid View Post
                  They were blocking the traffic at parliament hill a few weeks ago, refusing to leave "until their demands were met"... Good thing they moved on to Toronto so we don't have to see their ugly faces anymore
                  Do they still claim that the Sri Lankan government are genociding tamils with chemical weapons?
                  Yes. Every week they claim thousands of deaths. And it's everyone's grandmothers.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                    You been banned yet?
                    It's still up there.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

There was a small group protesting in downtown Calgary as well. It was a little random (as they were next to a corporate tower rather than the Harry Hayes Federal building) though they weren't blocking the roads, and seemed to be acting civilly.

WHICH HAVE MACHINE GUNS IN THEIR LOGO.

FORGIVE ME FOR NOT SYMPATHIZING WITH THIS GROUP. all over town there's tons of cars with the Tamil Tiger flags out the window, too

It's extremely annoying, but at the same time it's sad. There's no coincidence that a disproportionate amount of public disturbances are conducted by individuals with strong ties to war torn areas. As mislead & (often) deceptive as these causes may be, it must be EXTREMELY agitating and even painful to believe as they do. Indignant feelings, right or wrong, make people do stupid things.

Yet disrupting infrastructure is inexcusable. They're essentially holding the public hostage. These actions are criminal, probably lead by sociopaths, and necessitating direct and immediate policing.

The police in this city are pansies. They need to just start arresting these people EN MASSE. They are all breaking the law and this is NOT THE FIRST TIME.

This is Canada. I assume the police of any major urban area would react accordingly, unless they want the swish Human Rights Commission up their asses. The Calgary Police acted alike when skinheads and their (equally ignorant) adversaries came out to play a few months back. A march blocked traffic along the streets intersecting with Steven Ave. It'd be interesting to see how they'd react if they tied up Deerfoot Tr., for instance, but I do believe that the first arrests made would be to vigilante Albertans without the patience/liberal attitudes to hold them back from reaction.

Sometimes I hate this country. Yet these cowardly little allowances of disruption aren't worth getting too upset over. Life is still as good as it gets here.

Until, of course, you can't get to work/school/whatever because of someone else's agenda. Watch out, ***holes.

Comment

They did the same this afternoon in PG, blocked the HWY into town. Very annoyed, wasted about an hour of my time.

Big semis on either end with the cages and everything. The worst part is that the police are protecting them from any backlash. That's not what we pay police, they should be arrested for their barricades.

Protests, fine. But blocking traffic is absolutely disgusting.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm sometimes amazed at the lack of realism of some political groups. The Tamil community in Canada forms a very small minority. They're not going to get anywhere by pissing off the large majority of Canadians who didn't, before now, give that much of a damn one way or the other about the Sri Lankan civil war. They would do a lot better by keeping their protests non-disruptive of the ordinary Canadian's life. ****ing morons.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oh, and I'm down with arresting them all and charging anybody who brought their kid ONTO A HIGH-SPEED ROADWAY with child endangerment.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm supporting the Tamil Tigers. I think they have what it takes to go all the way this season.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Tamil demonstrators protesting the ongoing civil war in Sri Lanka flooded onto a major highway in Toronto, Canada, on Sunday and remained there for several hours, closing the roadway and prompting police to send reinforcements while trying to negotiate an end to the incident.

"Quite frankly, to this point we are not getting a lot of cooperation," Police Chief William Blair told reporters late Sunday. "It is clearly a dangerous situation that they have created. We are amassing sufficient personnel. We are bringing additional people in -- we also know that this could go for some time."
                                Toronto police are colossal pussies. Why in the hell are they spending hours negotiating when they could roll up the protest and open the freeway in short order. Three warnings and then it's on. I'm assuming Canada has laws barring the blocking of public streets and highways. Even us DC ****ups could have this under control without tear gas and skull cracking. All you need are enough officers to make two lines in close support across the highway and you're good.
                                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                                X