No announcement yet.

Death Threat Traced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't Dale an Australian and Asher a Canadian? How could Dale ever have executed that threat actually? .
    I mean the two of them don't live actually in the same neighborhood.
    Last edited by eastsidebagel; May 9, 2009, 14:49. Reason: inserted a smiley

Comment

I think Asher's argument would be much stronger if they lived closer. Same continent at least.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

There have been several cases of people flying internationally to murder someone over an internet discussion. Most recently just in the UK, by a 21 year old German.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Really, the only way to solve this argument is to contact the Australian authorities and see what happens. Anyone know who we should call?
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

If Blake were here he would know what to do.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              Sure it is. If you didn't believe it it would support the defence argument it wasn't serious. Your lack of action is informative.
              Actually, wezil: Asher's concern or lack thereof with the capability/likelihood of dale to actually kill or injure him has NOTHING to do with whether or not dale is guilty of a crime (in Canadian law, at least).

Instead, what must be proven is that dale INTENDED for Asher to take him seriously. And this is proven by the fact that dale conveyed that he had looked up Asher's personal information, including things like his place of employment etc. In fact, whether he even did THIS is irrelevant; what's relevant is that he TOLD Asher that he had done so, in order to make his threat be taken more seriously.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                Really, the only way to solve this argument is to contact the Australian authorities and see what happens. Anyone know who we should call?
                Who we gonna call?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Doesn't matter at all. Whether the victim believes it is never a relevant question.

FWIW, in the UK there was a 21-year old German guy who ended up flying up to the UK to murder a 22-year old British guy who was arguing with him on a message board. Stabbed him like 82 times.

I bet he didn't take it seriously either.
                  THAT is why you should go after Dale!

The guy flipped out because of a throwaway comment about panda sex - if you want mentally unstable - that's it right there!

He's probably pre-ordered a ginsu knife (it's the sort of knife I reckon a crazed Aussie computer geek would buy) to be delivered to a PO box in downtown Toronto ready for collection after his flight to Canada next week...

Dude, report that **** NOW! I don't want to think that our only hope to fix the poly server could be cut down in his prime (Which is another motive for the panda rapist BTW...).
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Comment

All of this is so sad, up to and including "If Blake were here, he'd know what do do".
                      What makes you think so? He didn't know **** about anything else.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He could meditate and it would come to him.

Comment

No, he couldn't. He went to learn. He has to be taught how to meditate.
                          Yeah, he's the answer to our prayers.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            Actually, wezil: Asher's concern or lack thereof with the capability/likelihood of dale to actually kill or injure him has NOTHING to do with whether or not dale is guilty of a crime (in Canadian law, at least).

Instead, what must be proven is that dale INTENDED for Asher to take him seriously. And this is proven by the fact that dale conveyed that he had looked up Asher's personal information, including things like his place of employment etc. In fact, whether he even did THIS is irrelevant; what's relevant is that he TOLD Asher that he had done so, in order to make his threat be taken more seriously.

Make the call. Prove me wrong.

I'll present myself for your big "I Told You So!!" afterward.

This is forum drama - not a crime.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Wezil, whether the police take interest or not is an independent question of whether or not it was a crime.

And I suspect that if Asher was to continue pestering the cops they would eventually take it seriously enough to do something about it.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So in your opinion it is a crime. In mine it is not.

The "victim" was so traumatized he won't report.

How shall we solve this?

Comment

Working...
                                X