X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb View Post
    You were saying he is below average, something like this:
    He is.

Why do you think he's playing in a tournament like this and not an NHL playoff game like great players such as Ovechkin, Malkin, and Datsyuk?
    And who was the defender whom he outplayed just before scoring on Roloson?
    Is this a trick question? I've no idea. Who was it? I couldn't even name one defenseman on the Canadian team.

'cause we didn't have our best players too, since our best players (mentioned by you below) are still playing in the NHL play-offs.
    So in other words, it's a meaningless tournament.

And the hell knows how many spectators all around the world.
    IT IS a major international competition, despite how hard you try to diminish it.
    It depends how you define "major". It's not major in Canada. There are very few TVs in impoverished Russia. Sweden is tiny. The rest of the world doesn't care. Taking into account, it seems to be an amusing distraction during the NHL play for people bitter about their teams being eliminated. It's not a major tournament in the same vein as the World Cup of Hockey, Olympics, or the World Juniors.

Total viewership of the World Jrs final in Canada: 4.3 million people

IIHF World Championship Final (Canada vs Russia, 2008): 900,000 people

Which one of these is "major", which is "minor"?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

I told you long before it started it was a meaningless tournament...
      Oh really? I guess that is why Mark Messier, Steve Yzerman, Kewin Lowe and Joseph Nieuwendyk have visited team Canada before the final game with Russia - to say the players how meaningless this tournament is. So meaningless that Canada sent its four legendary players to cheer up the team prior to the decisive game.

I can tell it hurts you that no one cares in Canada. That's unfortunate, but true. It should be no surprise that Russia does so well in a tournament where the opposition just shows up to get skating practice.
      You are just a pitty liar as everyone on this site knows.

Comment

Oh really? I guess that is why Mark Messier, Steve Yzerman, Kewin Lowe and Joseph Nieuwendyk have visited team Canada before the final game with Russia - to say the players how meaningless this tournament is. So meaningless that Canada sent its four legendary players to cheer up the team prior to the decisive game.
        They're not doing anything else, why wouldn't they? IIRC they're all employed by Hockey Canada also, so it happens to be their job.

You are just a pitty liar as everyone on this site knows.
        I am no liar, sir.

It is you that has lied in this thread by claiming I said Radulov was a ****ty hockey player.

I'm used to Russians lying. It's your MO. Steal from others, lie about it, pretend it's superior. Like your Concorde ripoff, or your F-22 ripoff. You even stole hockey from us and pretend like you're better at it using frivolous tournaments like this to prove it.

Fact: IIHF world championship is meaningless. We've already established best players are absent from both sides, meaning it's just a random hockey game between two average teams with inconsequential results. For this reason, viewership is very low compared to the real tournaments as I've described above.

None of this is a lie, it is all true.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Whatever Asher, I'm tired of you. You can't spoil my celebrations. It was a sleepless night and now I'm going to bed.

Comment

Also, Kevin Lowe one of Canada's "legendary players"? Even Joe Nieuwendyk... Excuse me, I just pissed myself. You apparently know as much about hockey as Ben Kenobi.

Kevin Lowe is legendary only in one respect: The infamous Dustin Penner offer sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
              Whatever Asher, I'm tired of you. You can't spoil my celebrations. It was a sleepless night and now I'm going to bed.
              This is the second Cold War you have lost, Serb...

Comment

He is.
                He PWNED your team.

Why do you think he's playing in a tournament like this and not an NHL playoff game like great players such as Ovechkin, Malkin, and Datsyuk?
                It was his OWN CHOICE to quit NHL to back home and play in KHL.

Is this a trick question? I've no idea. Who was it? I couldn't even name one defenseman on the Canadian team.
                Whatever. Have you seen the goal? It was a masterpiece of attacking skill reardless of the names of goalie and defenseman he outplayed. (Though all three goals in that game were masterpieces including the goal you've scored of course)

So in other words, it's a meaningless tournament.
                It is not.

It depends how you define "major". It's not major in Canada. There are very few TVs in impoverished Russia. Sweden is tiny. The rest of the world doesn't care.

That's why we have people like Winston (Denmark) here in this thread?
                Last edited by Serb; May 11, 2009, 07:42.

Comment

They're not doing anything else, why wouldn't they? IIRC they're all employed by Hockey Canada also, so it happens to be their job.
                  Why bothering hiring them, if this tourney is so meaningless?

I am no liar, sir.
                  Ok, if you don't like term "lair" I can call ya a "bullsh!ter"

It is you that has lied in this thread by claiming I said Radulov was a ****ty hockey player.
                  You are keep claiming that in THIS thread, if you haven't noticed yet.

I'm used to Russians lying. It's your MO. Steal from others, lie about it, pretend it's superior. Like your Concorde ripoff, or your F-22 ripoff. You even stole hockey from us and pretend like you're better at it using frivolous tournaments like this to prove it.
                  Concorde and TU-144 are two different planes. And Tu-144 can hardly be ripoff of Concorde 'cause it flew earlier than Concorde.

Fact: IIHF world championship is meaningless. We've already established best players are absent from both sides, meaning it's just a random hockey game between two average teams with inconsequential results. For this reason, viewership is very low compared to the real tournaments as I've described above.

None of this is a lie, it is all true.
                  You do have a comprehension problem, don't ya?

IIHF world championship is a major INTERNATIONAL TOURNEY. Stanley Cup is a CLUB TOURNAMENT.
                  Don't you understand the difference?

Comment

Also, Kevin Lowe one of Canada's "legendary players"? Even Joe Nieuwendyk... Excuse me, I just pissed myself. You apparently know as much about hockey as Ben Kenobi.

Kevin Lowe is legendary only in one respect: The infamous Dustin Penner offer sheet.

Kevin Lowe

Kevin Lowe was named an NHL all-star in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1993. He also won the league's King Clancy Memorial Trophy in 1990.

Awards & Achievements
                    1983–84 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                    1984–85 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                    1986–87 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                    1987–88 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                    1989–90 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                    1993-94 - NHL - Stanley Cup (New York Rangers)

He won SIX Stanley Cups total - quite an average player :

Joe Nieuwendyk

Awards:

ECAC's First All-Star Team - 1986, 1987
                    All-American - 1986, 1987
                    Calder Trophy - 1988
                    NHL All-Rookie Team - 1988
                    King Clancy Memorial Trophy - 1995
                    Conn Smythe Trophy - 1999
                    NHL All-Star Game - 1988, 1989, 1990, 1994
                    Winter Olympics Gold Medal Hockey Men's - 2002
                    Stanley Cup - 1989(Calgary Flames), 1999(Dallas Stars), 2003(New Jersey Devils)

3 Stanley Cups and Olympic gold - a complete sucker, right?:

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      This is the second Cold War you have lost, Serb...
                      Whatever you say

This is the second World Championship in a row you have lost, Asher. And this is FACT.

Comment

• Not that there's much merit to arguing whether it's an important tournament or not. Asher is just being Asher.

But for what it's worth, it's big in the news here, right along with the Olympics. The very few Danish players' exploits in the NHL get some mention too, but in this little corner of the world the focus is mainly on the Olympics and the World Championships. Of course, Denmark's side is perpetually fighting for survival in the A Group and qualification to the Olympics, so there is always good drama to be had there. NHL.. meh. Too far away to really be of interest seems to be the prevailing thought.

---

If nothing else, while I was mostly indifferent before, Asher's general input has made me want to always root for Russia against Canada in any future match-ups between the two. Don't say that Apolyton does nothing to sway people's opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post

That's why we have people like Winston (Denmark) here in this thread?
                          Winston is a child with an axe to grind, and no more. Notice how all he can bring himself to do is post about me in this thread. He doesn't know anything about hockey, nor does he ever post about it.

Comment

• If you'd stop calling so much negative attention to yourself, maybe people would leave you alone, ever thought of that?

Comment

Why bothering hiring them, if this tourney is so meaningless?

They're not hired for the tournament, Serb. Hockey Canada exists all the time, and they send teams to many tournaments, not just this. Yzerman is known to go speak before the kids at the under-16 world championships, too -- I guess that makes it a MAJOR TOURNAMENT?

You are keep claiming that in THIS thread, if you haven't noticed yet.
                              Liar! As evidenced in this thread, I've said he's an average player and decidedly NOT a ****ty player.

Concorde and TU-144 are two different planes. And Tu-144 can hardly be ripoff of Concorde 'cause it flew earlier than Concorde.
                              It's interesting you knew exactly which plane I was talking about...

You do have a comprehension problem, don't ya?

IIHF world championship is a major INTERNATIONAL TOURNEY. Stanley Cup is a CLUB TOURNAMENT.
                              Don't you understand the difference?
                              It's clear you do, since I was not at all talking about the Stanley Cup.

Comment

Kevin Lowe

Kevin Lowe was named an NHL all-star in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1993. He also won the league's King Clancy Memorial Trophy in 1990.

Awards & Achievements
                                1983–84 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                                1984–85 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                                1986–87 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                                1987–88 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                                1989–90 - NHL - Stanley Cup (Edmonton)
                                1993-94 - NHL - Stanley Cup (New York Rangers)

He won SIX Stanley Cups total - quite an average player :

Joe Nieuwendyk

Awards:

ECAC's First All-Star Team - 1986, 1987
                                All-American - 1986, 1987
                                Calder Trophy - 1988
                                NHL All-Rookie Team - 1988
                                King Clancy Memorial Trophy - 1995
                                Conn Smythe Trophy - 1999
                                NHL All-Star Game - 1988, 1989, 1990, 1994
                                Winter Olympics Gold Medal Hockey Men's - 2002
                                Stanley Cup - 1989(Calgary Flames), 1999(Dallas Stars), 2003(New Jersey Devils)

3 Stanley Cups and Olympic gold - a complete sucker, right?:
                                Kevin Lowe played on a legendary team. He is not a legendary player.

Joe Nieuwendyk played for my hometown team for about a decade and won a Cup with them, so I think I'm more qualified than you to make the call if he is legendary or not. He is not.

Neither Lowe nor Nieuwndyk are part of the Hockey Hall of Fame, which is at the very least a prerequisite for being called "legendary".

Comment

Working...
                                X