IIHF Therad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Why would I watch obviously doctored Soviet propaganda?
    'cause it's a cool video.

Two words: SUMMIT SERIES.
    I wonder what took you so long before pulling out this ultimate weapon?

Comment

• Onodera, с победой, братан!

Ашер идёт сосать куй. А у нас праздник

Зацени песню:

:rock:

Comment

• I consider you a close friend and I would hate to reduce you to tears.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• That was a great game Yes, now I recall how dissaponited I was that night. Thanks for the reminder. Five ****ing seconds. But that's hockey, a classic Russia-Canada battle. And you know what? I'm smiling right now, because our juniors are fully avenged

Comment

• They are not, because no one cares...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• No one cares about junior WC here. No major TV-chanel ever show a single junior WC game here.

Comment

• That's because you can't afford the TV rights, because it is a real tournament.

Comment

That's because you can't afford the TV rights, because it is a real tournament.
                    Nope. That's because we don't care that much about juniors as about seniors. I was just sliding chanels out of boredom and found middle of the 2nd period of that semis on a minor TV-chanel. I didn't even know we play Canada that night.

Comment

• I think it's clear what happened here. Canada doesn't give a **** about the IIHF world championship (as evidenced by abysmal ratings every year), Russia doesn't give a **** about the IIHF world juniors.

It's no wonder Canada ALWAYS wins the World Jr and Russia usually wins the senior.

The junior is always the better game and more indicative of a country's hockey talent, however. THE FUTURE and not THE PAST.

Comment

• Yeah, right. When your juniors become seniors they got their asses kicked by Russian seniors (their former rivals at junior WC). That's how it is.

That's your past, your present and your shining future.

Comment

• I'm not sure why it matters how 39 and 40 year old players like Roloson play. They're not relevant.

"Seniors" is quite apt.

Comment

I'm not sure why it matters how 39 and 40 year old players like Roloson play. They're not relevant.

"Seniors" is quite apt.
                            Who do you think will play in team Canada at Olympics-2010? If it will be your 40 year old old farts - that's your problem.
                            Besides, Roloson is a goalie and 39 isn't that old for a goalie.

Comment

• I guarantee you, the Canadian Olympic team will look NOTHING like the IIHF team. Maybe 20% of the same players, max.

Most of Canada's best players don't even bother going to the IIHF games, even if they're out of the playoffs (eg, Iginla).

The IIHF roster trends towards the older players in the twilight of their career. They can't win the Stanley Cup this year so they're desperate for anything. The other group of players are the mediocre NHL players that want to audition for the Olympic team. Players like Lombardi and Phillips.

Comment

Working...
                              X