No announcement yet.

IIHF Therad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if it wasn't lost in the middle of important hockey games.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
      We won. Serb in 3...2...1...
      The site was down. I couldn't log-in.

No, shaz, blya, pokurazhus na slavu

So, here we go!
      Last edited by Serb; May 10, 2009, 23:15.

Comment

Oops, we did it again!
        We've played with your team
        And you've lost the game!!!
        Oh, baby, baby...
        Oops - we did it again!
        We've grabbed all the fame
        And drove you insane
        Oh, baby, baby....
        Oops - we did it again!

Comment

We are the champions, my friend!
          'cause we'll keep on fighting to the end!
          We are the champions, we are the chapions!!!
          No time for LOOSERS, 'cause we are the champions!
          OF THE WORLD

Ole-ole-ole, Rossiya - CHEMPION!!!

Omskii Avangard!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
            Coming for you, Ivan.
            Not this time, buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              This is a fact. No one in Canada cares about this. Note how the NHL Playoff threads are active and this is a ghost-town except for the trolls of Serb...

It's a meaningless championship no one pays attention to outside of Russia.
              Yeah, right I wonder what would you be saying had you won this game?
              But, we PWNED you dude. We PWNED you AGAIN. So, all you can do now is whining.

Comment

I watched the game.

It was a good game, except for the Canadian shooting.

That was a great game, a real classic

Third period was like "Rocky-2": two giants punching each other to death untill their own last breath. I was scared to all my sh!ts untill the last second. A reall thriller As always in Russia-Canada games

Comment

A Canada-Russia gold medal game is to be looked forward to,
                  I'm wholehearted agree. Any Russia-Canada game is always a thriller and "must see" (esp. the final game).
                  even if some of the best players from both sides are not there.
                  We had only 6 NHL players in our team. The rest are our heroes from KHL (our domestic league).
                  Forgive me my previous rants (like "you can't play hockey" - obviously you can), they were adressed to Asher mostly.
                  That was a struggle, a real warfare of two very close rivals. But, no mercy in hockey.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Oh, man, I'm happy

Comment

I'm willing to bet the viewership in Canada would be less than 25% of the latest NHL playoff game.

Any takers?

And no, this was no warfare. This was a game that would barely even qualify as a "friendly". It's less than that. It's more of a scrimmage between players who are not relevant in the hockey world (see how Russia only had 6 NHL players).

From the attendance figures I've seen, the WHL games get more attendance than these as well. It really is quite pathetic.

Russia seems to obsess about this tournament and the rest of the world reluctantly sends a couple NHL players like Dwayne Roloson ( ) to keep the rust off until the NHL season starts again. It's hardly even a team, players arrive as their teams get eliminated from the playoffs.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Maybe if it wasn't lost in the middle of important hockey games.
                      Whining again.
                      Btw, do you remember, about a year ago after Radulov quit NHL to join KHL, you were saying that he is a sh!tty player.
                      Now, he buried team Canada with his brilliant goal. So, eat this.

Comment

I never said Radulov was a ****ty player. I challenge you to find anything of me saying anything of such.

He's not the best player ever, nor is he even great. He was a decent NHL player, unremarkable in virtually every way.

And again, he scored on who -- Dwayne Roloson? Who was recently the odd-man-out in a 3-man goalie rotation behind a guy named Jeff Droins-Deslauries.

I'm genuinely sorry to burst this patriotic bubble for you...I realize there is nothing to celebrate in Russia and any little bit helps...but do you think this team Canada sent represents Canada's best players? And once you admit it doesn't have it, then why does this matter?

If I were you I'd focus on how 3 Russians are dominating the NHL this season (Ovechkin, Malkin, and Datsyuk). This IIHF angle is weak because, truly, no one cares about it aside from Russia.

Comment

And no, this was no warfare. This was a game that would barely even qualify as a "friendly". It's less than that. It's more of a scrimmage between players who are not relevant in the hockey world (see how Russia only had 6 NHL players).
                          So what? All team Canada players play in NHL (except one, who playes here in Russia). And? OUR KHL PLAYERS PWNED YOUR NHL PLAYERS.

Russia seems to obsess about this tournament and the rest of the world reluctantly sends a couple NHL players like Dwayne Roloson ( ) to keep the rust off until the NHL season starts again.
                          Or players like Heatley (MVP of the last championship) or St. Louis. They are suckers too?
                          Whom do you need in your national team to make it a valid competition in your book? Rick Nash? You had him a year ago. Sidney Crosby? You had him in 2006.
                          It's hardly even a team, players arrive as their teams get eliminated from the playoffs.
                          This is true FOR EVERY team of the tourney. Have you seen top Russian stars (except Kovalchuk) here?

Just accept your defeat like a man, and stop your whining.

Comment

It's not my defeat, Serb. I didn't even watch a single game.

I told you long before it started it was a meaningless tournament, so you can't claim I was defeated.

I can tell it hurts you that no one cares in Canada. That's unfortunate, but true. It should be no surprise that Russia does so well in a tournament where the opposition just shows up to get skating practice.

Even when Canada wins the IIHF world championship, the nationwide reaction is generally an "Oh, cool" as it's mentioned at the tail-end of sportscasts...after NHL playoff coverage.

Comment

PS: Heatley is pretty bad this year (well under a point per game, -11)

St Louis was just okay this year. They're not differencemakers, which is precisely why their respective teams sucked complete ass this year. Look at where Tampa Bay (St Louis) and Ottawa (Heatley) finished this year, for christ sake...

Comment

I never said Radulov was a ****ty player. I challenge you to find anything of me saying anything of such.
                                You were saying he is below average, something like this:
                                He's not the best player ever, nor is he even great. He was a decent NHL player, unremarkable in virtually every way.
                                And again, he scored on who -- Dwayne Roloson? Who was recently the odd-man-out in a 3-man goalie rotation behind a guy named Jeff Droins-Deslauries.
                                And who was the defender whom he outplayed just before scoring on Roloson?

I'm genuinely sorry to burst this patriotic bubble for you...I realize there is nothing to celebrate in Russia and any little bit helps...but do you think this team Canada sent represents Canada's best players? And once you admit it doesn't have it, then why does this matter?
                                'cause we didn't have our best players too, since our best players (mentioned by you below) are still playing in the NHL play-offs.

If I were you I'd focus on how 3 Russians are dominating the NHL this season (Ovechkin, Malkin, and Datsyuk). This IIHF angle is weak because, truly, no one cares about it aside from Russia.
                                And the hell knows how many spectators all around the world.
                                IT IS a major international competition, despite how hard you try to diminish it.

Comment

Working...
                                X