No announcement yet.

Swine Flu is the new Bird Flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, what makes it even funnier is that the "break out" she describes took place in 1976, when Ford was in office.
    So Obama = Ford? That's such a relief. I don't know if I could bear another repeat of the Carter years.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You all miss the real danger:

it's the frog flu that will kill us all.
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
        Well, this is just the start. As with the flu of 1918 it started mild in the spring then turned deadly in the fall.
        While that is a remote possibility this simply is not 1918 where most of the world's population is malnourished and in substandard housing.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
          I was a watching a program about infant mortality in the developing world. This was many years ago, something on PBS.

Teh common cold causes diarrhea in infants, who then squirt themselves into dehydration and die. Relief agencies could save them with a simple saline solution (or was it sugar solution) to stop the diarrhea. It would cost pennies per dose, but there's no money to buy it.
          It's a saline solution not a sugar solution. You don't want people with diarrhea taking large doses of sugar as that just encourages the bacteria to reproduce. I believe what they're talking about is an IV bag of saline solution which is typically used to rehydrate people suffering from severe dehydration.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

seriatim
            "

Comment

Working...
            X