Avenger -- Why UAVs are great and F-22s suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Then why ask me to contribute to the discussion, eh? Way to contradict yourself, Dickhead!
    What you're doing now is noise. If you actually contributed, it might not be. Anyway, I think I'm noise now, so I'm out of this thread for the time being. Don't post naked pictures of UAVs or anything.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• You're going to let him get away with calling you a dickhead? Bad idea, dude. You need to make an example out of someone right off the bat and Moby's basically offering himself up.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• *shrug* Ming's a bastard; I can be a dickhead.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• They should've required you to watch Oz before they let you become a moderator.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            What you're doing now is noise. If you actually contributed, it might not be. Anyway, I think I'm noise now, so I'm out of this thread for the time being. Don't post naked pictures of UAVs or anything.
            I answered your question because you were too retarded to comprehend that I had already contributed in my OP in this thread...

How can you solicit me for information and then dismiss it like that without looking like an idiot? If you didn't like the answer you shouldn't have asked the question - that's all I'm saying - I suppose it is your first day on the job, so you'll learn...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
              I answered your question because you were too retarded to comprehend that I had already contributed in my OP in this thread...

How can you solicit me for information and then dismiss it like that without looking like an idiot? If you didn't like the answer you shouldn't have asked the question - that's all I'm saying - I suppose it is your first day on the job, so you'll learn...
              MOBIUS, I don't care. Stop talking about me and either start or continue posting about the actual topic.

Comment

• All I'm saying is that if you weren't interested in my contribution to this thread, you shouldn't have asked me about it in the first place. That is all - you brought the subject up - not me.

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                MOBIUS: You're going to have to start contributing to the discussion pretty soon.
                I was only trying to respond to your wishes - so you should make your mind up what you want before sticking your oar in. If you hadn't done that, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. I was quite happily not talking about you until that point - that's all I'm saying...

Comment

• Also I can only continue posting about the actual topic once you stop distracting me - so if we're finished already...?

Comment

• Behold the future of Apolyton...

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• It's these bloody new moderators butting in when they're not required...

I say bring back the old ones!

Comment

• Oh, for **** sakes.

Everything we know about the Avenger points to it having the same weapon capabilities of its predecessors! Unless YOU prove otherwise, this is ALSO a reasonable assumption.
                        Thank you for admitting, again, that air to air capability is not included in any known source concerning the capabilities of the Avenger, including the OP that made a special point of listing the capabilities of the Avenger.

So now that you have admitted that everything you have said in this thread is predicated on an unsupportable assumption, and an assumption that even if proved correct still doesn't justify your conclusions concerning F-22 replacement, we are left at where we started. You wallowing in stubborn ingnorance

Predator B can carry Stingers and Sidewinders...Avenger carries the same mix of weapons as a Predator B...are you familiar with the logical property of transitivity?
                        False, the Predator B is being TESTED to carry stingers and sidewinders.

Up to 14x AGM-114 Hellfire air to ground missiles can be carried or four Hellfire missiles and two 500 lb (230 kg) GBU-12 Paveway II laser-guided bombs. The ability to carry the JDAM in the future is also possible, as well as the AIM-9 Sidewinder.

I assume you understand the differnece between something being in development and it being a real world weapon? I assume this because even you can't be that stupid.

How about the word "possible," is that one familiar to you?

How about "future?"

I also didn't say ANYTHING about replacing the F-22 as a piece of technology. I just described, FACETIOUSLY, its CAPABILITIES it shared with the F-22, which included firing air to air missiles!
                        The Avenger does not have the capability to carry air to air missiles.

So now that you have agreed that none of these craft have the capabilities of the F-22 and are not their replacement, you should then be in agreement that the F-22 should be pursued to whatever point is required for current mission requirements to be met until it is superceeded by UAVs with comparable cabilities in their own right. Thank you for agreeing with what I said originally

How far will you keep digging?
                        Digging your grave takes time, you are full of a whole lot of BS and hot air. Luckly, you are doing the majority of the work.

These are not my words, but DanS'
                        DanS and I are in fundemental agreemend MOBIUS. UAVs are the future of air to air warfacre and DEVELOPMENT dollars should be diverted to this instead of future manned air superiority fighters. This is, in fact, what has been happening since the end of the development of the F-22
                        Last edited by Patroklos; May 1, 2009, 11:30.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• You just crossed the Ben threshold, Patty. The trifecta: delusions, strawmen, and stubbornness.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• How tragic, you don't understand that you are singlar minority in this thread. When you realize this, I hope you gain some insight into your encounters with BK.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Patty, I'm not in the minority. In fact there's one very vocal person talking this morning as well about it, very clearly not in agreement with you.

The simple fact is the Avenger's predecessors can carry AAM, have been photographed with AAM, and underwent testing for AAM. They've not been deployed in the theatre with AAM payloads because there's no operational need currently. Fact is, they are CAPABLE OF AAM MISSILE LOADOUTS.

Everyone here agrees with that but you. Despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary and despite being blindingly obvious courtesy of common sense, you still wish to argue the matter. It's tragic.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                                The Avenger does not have the capability to carry air to air missiles.
                                To be fair, I don't think that we can know that. Maybe that's just not the capability that GA is selling (assuming the sales features in the AV Week are complete and as presented to the military by GA).
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X