No announcement yet.

High Speed Rail in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally anecdotal, but I have tried to take the train in th eUS many a time and not only was flying cheaper, but the train trip was also signifcantly longer than traveling. I thought about riding the train just to try it out regardless, but the cost and time difference has always been so great it wasn't worth it to simply satisfy my curiosity.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• You're a good man, sava.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• duh

and modest too
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• They're talking about putting in a commuter train between Cleveland and Cincinnati. I was thinking it was a good idea until they mentioned the stops that were being considered... Sounded like it would take the train 3 days to make a 4 hour ride with all those stops.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• A Columbus stop would make sense. Beyond that, where on Earth would it stop?
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well, sense I get Cincinnati new, they were saying Sharonville and Lebanon. I was, WTF! If those two will be stops then where will it end. I can see Lebanon or Sharonville (I would think Lebanon) but not both. If they do that then they'll want an express train.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Europe! = USA.

Thread over.

Look, dude, I'd love to see High speed rail in the US too, but the numbers just don't work here.
                This has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone has said in this thread.

Edit, why aren't you also dissing DanS?
                DanS isn't making an idiot out of himself. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                X