What are you eating for Easter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He slept for 3 days straight.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

chocolate eggs, as is tradition over here.
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The flesh of non-baptized children.

Comment

Yum Cha.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I don't celebrate it, but I did when I was a kid. (Celebrating in the form of pigging out). But this year I decided to let my gf experience a bit of Easter, so we'll be pigging out this year.

When I was young, we used to have the treasure hunt game at some Dutch event. Easter eggs would be hidden all over the forest and we all had to find as many as we could. Later, we could eat them. (They're chocolate of course!). Great times. I might do the same for my children one day, just so that they can experience it, I don't see why it must be an exclusive Jesus thing, I can make up my own reasons, just like Christians do!
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              Growing up normally...
              LIES! You never grew up normally!

I don't know though, I am up in Hull so my mother will be taking care of the cooking. Hopefully a nice Jesus roast or something
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I was cleaning the fish last night. I did a pretty good job, all told - I'd watched my dad scale and clean fish before, but I'd never done it myself.

One fish had scales still on, and I scraped it inexpertly with a large knife. I got most of them off, and then steamed it in the microwave - about 6 mins per pound of fish, with ginger spears tucked into skin cuts. Then when that was done, I poured on the soy sauce and added spring onion segments and steamed it one more minute. The last step was to boil some oil and add chopped garlic, and then pour that over it. Came out sweet, but there were still some scales on it.

The second fish was just panfried, but when I was cleaning it, I accidentally yanked out most of the sperm as well. My roommate (who is American and male and thus not very familiar with the recipe) thought this was a good thing, which I likened a bit to throwing out all the caviar and eating the sturgeon instead. There was a little left inside, as I discovered when panfrying, and my roommate generously let me have all of that.

Next time I'll be more careful. I think the sperm was attached to the gall bladder of the fish by some visceral structure. The tricky thing will be to separate it without breaking open the gall bladder, because if that happens, it'll make the fish really bitter and horrible.

Ah well, you live and learn. It was a yummy meal and I'm definitely buying more fish.

Edit: I did some research and the proper cooking term for fish sperm is "milt": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milt Apparently it's a delicacy in European cooking as well, not just Chinese cooking. Often served in lemon and butter sauce.
                Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; March 31, 2009, 11:42.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Fried sturgeon milt.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                  X