Lord of the Rings wasn't about WWII, 'twas about Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings wasn't about WWII, 'twas about Obama

Seriously. Aragorn being a ranger is of course a metaphor on Obama doing community stuff in Chicago or something. And the Steward of Gondor is GWB. When Obama returned to the White City (any doubts this stands for the White House?) he had to leave. Of course, Bush didn't commit suicide so far, but the death in the book represents more his political end

Also, Frodo is Sarkozy.
    Blah

The White City is the World's Columbian Exposition, held in Chicago in 1893.
    B♭3

Comment

Way way too much time on your hands.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, I just disproved it without spending more than 15 seconds.
        B♭3

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting interpretation.

I like the Obama = Sauron one better.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's just a replica.
              B♭3

Comment

The steward burned himself alive, just a representation of the economy going up in flames and taking the Republican Party down with him? Makes one wonder. However, I strongly suspect that Obama lacks the deus ex machina of an undead army to overwhelm his foes. Not entirely clear who Sauron is either, but Putin is a good candidate.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

According to rumor, a single tear from Obama's cheek can slay demons and cure vitiligo and impetigo. His stride is as of a titan's, seven leagues at a time, and while he holds a microphone in his hand he canst take no mortal wound wound nor shed a single drop of his own blood. He speaks the native tongue of birds, and converses happily with all beasts of hoof and paw, even to the lowliest vole and marmot. Gracious as the kings of old, Obama carries no money nor answers unkind word with like. Peonies spring up where his feet trod, and were he to lay his weary head upon the ground a mighty cedar, like unto the old father trees of Bsharri and Barouk, would spring forth to shade his noble brow. In the elven tongue he is Lothlornienel, with means "Laughter in the High Places", and the dwarves call him earthfriend, as well as "Khazad ak Manu", which means "He who does not wear patriotic lapel pins." His is the drill that shall pierce the heavens: believe in him believing in you! The Neocons speak of him in hushed tones in their shadowed, dusty halls, and refer to the ancient scrolls of the fallen empire of Mnem, which foretells of the coming of the Dusky Childe, who shall scourge their number from the halls and rotundas and tear down the altars in the high places and bring the three terrible plagues of Health Care and White Guilt and Political Transparency. They say that he will travel to Shibboleth, where the heart of Karl Rove is kept, inanimate, inside a Canopic jar and breaks the seals and feast upon the contents therin: and with the power thus consumed he will erect a throne of jade and jasper and lapus lazuli, and rule upon it, and the thunderous gnashing of teeth from the Red States will play Hail to the Chief as he ascends the dais.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

YAY!!!

I can now hold out hope that the DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons are real, Harry Potter! WOOT
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                      According to rumor, a single tear from Obama's cheek can slay demons and cure vitiligo and impetigo. His stride is as of a titan's, seven leagues at a time, and while he holds a microphone in his hand he canst take no mortal wound wound nor shed a single drop of his own blood. He speaks the native tongue of birds, and converses happily with all beasts of hoof and paw, even to the lowliest vole and marmot. Gracious as the kings of old, Obama carries no money nor answers unkind word with like. Peonies spring up where his feet trod, and were he to lay his weary head upon the ground a mighty cedar, like unto the old father trees of Bsharri and Barouk, would spring forth to shade his noble brow. In the elven tongue he is Lothlornienel, with means "Laughter in the High Places", and the dwarves call him earthfriend, as well as "Khazad ak Manu", which means "He who does not wear patriotic lapel pins." His is the drill that shall pierce the heavens: believe in him believing in you! The Neocons speak of him in hushed tones in their shadowed, dusty halls, and refer to the ancient scrolls of the fallen empire of Mnem, which foretells of the coming of the Dusky Childe, who shall scourge their number from the halls and rotundas and tear down the altars in the high places and bring the three terrible plagues of Health Care and White Guilt and Political Transparency. They say that he will travel to Shibboleth, where the heart of Karl Rove is kept, inanimate, inside a Canopic jar and breaks the seals and feast upon the contents therin: and with the power thus consumed he will erect a throne of jade and jasper and lapus lazuli, and rule upon it, and the thunderous gnashing of teeth from the Red States will play Hail to the Chief as he ascends the dais.
                      Fact!
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Interesting interpretation.

I like the Obama = Sauron one better.
                        Go **** a sheep.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Biden makes a good Sarumon too.

I guess that would make McCain Gandalf.

Palin could be either Arwen or Galadrial.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Merkel is Galadriel, FACT!
                            Blah

Comment

Obama is clearly supposed to be the Dark Lord Obaumon, the Negromancer and ruler of Mordor.

Comment

Working...
                              X