No announcement yet.

TCO is causing a confrontation at work and needs Ming style consultation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that Ben just got laid off, so taking advice from him on how to avoid being let go is an amusing concept.

1. Where did I say I was helping him avoid getting laid off? It's just my interpretation as to what's going on. I don't even know if TCO wants to stay there.

2. My contract was from September to December. I had the option of an extension to April, but the project was cancelled. My boss was very happy to have me on and has been giving me work on an as-needed basis.

The reason the contract was not renewed is because the web developers charged out for 4 months without having anything to show for their work. I believe I already said this quite some time ago.

3. I still have two other jobs on the go right now.

I'm surprised you still haven't been able to fill a project management position and you've had what, a month to find one? That's horrible.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Cancelled? Shouldn't that be aborted?
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Selective, Ben. We've had tons of applicants.

Most MBAs and PMs are a bit braindead, unfortunately.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I would apply, but I don't fancy working in either N. America or Dubai...

Let me know if you have an opening in Cardiff.

Comment

Tell him to take his "Dire Consequences" and shove them up his secretary's arse.

Call his bluff, dude.

If he IS bluffing, you get what you want. If not...go to work at Asher's firm.

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yeah, never stand on principle unless you have another job lined up already. Especially in this economy.
              I've done both before and trust me, it's a hell of a lot more satisfying when you tell them to stick it if you can tell them that you already have something else lined up.
              Of course, I've been married for over 20 years so what the hell do i know about principle or standing up for it.
              The best is to have something lined up and you've done a good job so they offer you a package for you to leave. Double dip. YAY
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                I would apply, but I don't fancy working in either N. America or Dubai...

Let me know if you have an opening in Cardiff.

We have a London office, but they're good for staff.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

London? No thanks, it took me to leave the place to realise what a ****hole it is...

I fear now that I have spent too much time away to ever be able to stomach going back.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    London? No thanks, it took me to leave the place to realise what a ****hole it is...

I fear now that I have spent too much time away to ever be able to stomach going back.
                    But isn't London the capital of Wales?

Comment

That's what they like to think.

Cardiff will be the capital of England next week if only just for Saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        Selective, Ben. We've had tons of applicants.

Most MBAs and PMs are a bit braindead, unfortunately.
                        MBAs are getting looked down upon in business lately. Mostly, because there are so many of them. I was considering applying for one through a joint degree, but after some digging, I saw how useless it would be. Having marketable skills and experience is far more valuable. That said, I'm sure that I lack the skills and experience for the Dubai job.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X