Canada refuses to let Bill Ayers into the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada refuses to let Bill Ayers into the country

Once again, America's neighbours to the north demonstrate their intellectual and moral superiority.

An American education professor, one of the founders of a radical 1960s group known as the Weather Underground, which was responsible for a number of bombings in the United States in the early 1970s, was turned back at the Canadian border last night.

Dr. William Ayers, a professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago and a leader in educational reform, was scheduled to speak at the Centre for Urban Schooling at University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. But that appearance has now been temporarily cancelled.

"I don't know why I was turned back," Ayers said in an interview this morning from Chicago. "I got off the plane like everyone else and I was asked to come over to the other side. The border guards reviewed some stuff and said I wasn't going to be allowed into Canada. To me it seems quite bureaucratic and not at all interesting ... If it were me I would have let me in. I couldn't possibly be a threat to Canada."

Now, if only the U.S. would refuse to let him come back...

I have you so pegged.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Who exactly would I be trolling with a pro-Canada, anti-Bill Ayers thread? Is there some vast constituency of Canada-hating terrorists on the board that I'm not aware of?

Comment

Nope
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
          Who exactly would I be trolling with a pro-Canada, anti-Bill Ayers thread? Is there some vast constituency of Canada-hating terrorists on the board that I'm not aware of?
          Ben?
          Unbelievable!

Comment

I hope he slips on something and dies. And all his family gets to see me say that.

Comment

Ayer's wife was a terrorist too, so maybe we should include her in the fatal slippage.

Comment

Once again, America's neighbours to the north demonstrate their intellectual and moral superiority.

An American education professor, one of the founders of a radical 1960s group known as the Weather Underground, which was responsible for a number of bombings in the United States in the early 1970s, was turned back at the Canadian border last night.

Dr. William Ayers, a professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago and a leader in educational reform, was scheduled to speak at the Centre for Urban Schooling at University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. But that appearance has now been temporarily cancelled.

"I don't know why I was turned back," Ayers said in an interview this morning from Chicago. "I got off the plane like everyone else and I was asked to come over to the other side. The border guards reviewed some stuff and said I wasn't going to be allowed into Canada. To me it seems quite bureaucratic and not at all interesting ... If it were me I would have let me in. I couldn't possibly be a threat to Canada."

Now, if only the U.S. would refuse to let him come back...
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hmm.

I'm conflicted on this.

1. I am sincerely impressed that Canada had the judgment to refuse entry to Ayers.

2. I am happy that he's not going to be in this country.

3. It makes me sad that he's still in the US.

Best solution, deport him to Europe.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We don't want to send him somewhere where he'll be treated like a hero.

Comment

Don't send him to Illinois then.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ayer's wife was a terrorist too, so maybe we should include her in the fatal slippage.
                        As long as she's included in the nip-slippage I'm down.

Unbelievable!

Comment

We don't want to send him somewhere where he'll be treated like a hero.

They deserve each other. Europe + Ayers.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Can't Obama help his friends with this kind of problem?
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Not for a few more hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X