*looks at Winston skeptically*

...[arches eyebrow]...
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I got better..

---

(Thanks for the set-up.)

Comment

I did a search for "turn newt" and it brought up a 2006 thread wherein you threatened to turn Stalin into a newt.

I'm just saying.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yes, and that learned him! He's been on his best behaviour ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
            I actually have a real suicide-girl story. She wasn't a lover but a house-mate. She was quite mentally ill, with schizophrenia and a pain-in-the-arse personality.

On the day she died I did her a favour of driving her around town for much of the afternoon while she tried, and eventually managed, to score a smoke to take round to her boyfriend's. Eventually I dropped her off by a footpath under a railway bridge about three minutes walk from her destination. She complained bitterly about not being taken to the door but the nearest road bridge over the railway was 10-15 mins of traffic away and I'd had enough of chauffering her around that day, so I told her that the taxi had done quite enough. She stormed off in a fury and I never saw her again. That evening she jumped off a tower block and died.

She may well have considered my refusal to pander to her demands as a contributing factor to her unhappiness that day, but I've never felt bad about it. Best thing she ever did, in the long run, for her poor, long-suffering husband, I expect.
            I'm impressed by your compassion for others.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              I'm impressed by your compassion for others.
              I had a lot of compassion for her husband. I was probably the only lodger they ever had who didn't sleep with her. I also had compassion for her. She was finally free of her demons.

Comment

dp

Comment

Compassion, hm?

I doubt anyone will ever be as full of it as MrFun.

Comment

I tend to take the view that you can be compassionate to others, but there is no requirement for it.

A lot of people do volunteer and give freely of their time and attention. That's fine, if they judge themselves to be in a good enough position to give another a helping hand.

But, absent an affirmative duty (as exists between spouses, family members, and other specialized relations), I don't want to impute any such duty.

You can have a friend who's suicidal. Helping them is fine, if you can and want to. If you've decided you've had enough and you are not qualified to take responsibility for them, then don't. There are trained professionals who can help your friend, and there's no shame in saying "This is not something I am qualified to do competently" and cut the cord.

Sometimes your friend doesn't want to cut the cord, and you have to be pretty assertive to do it yourself. That's all right as well, in my book.

I don't want to encourage people to be callous. But I've seen enough cases where unscrupulous people take advantage of better people's sense of compassion and sacrifice. And that to me is just as unacceptable.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Back to the OP, here's my advice:

1)Have sex with her.
                      2)Mid-sex, pull out and angrily claim that she's not going to be able to get you off.
                      3)Finish on your own, in front of her, while moaning someone else's name, preferably her best friend's or sister's name.
                      4)Get up, take a shower, and leave like nothing happened.
                      5)30 minutes later, call her and ask her what's for dinner.
                      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Winston View Post
                        most are only suicidal when we're dating. leaving them turns them normal again (or lesbo)

I got turned into a newt once.
                        "You don't look like a newt."
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Too late. We already did that.

(Posts #60-62)

Comment

Damn you all.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                              I had a lot of compassion for her husband. I was probably the only lodger they ever had who didn't sleep with her. I also had compassion for her. She was finally free of her demons.
                              Saying that you are happy for the husband that she killed herself didn't register with me as being compassionate.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                                Saying that you are happy for the husband that she killed herself didn't register with me as being compassionate.
                                edit : I wasn't happy that she killed herself. I just looked at things in a positive light.

Comment

Working...
                                X