Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Definitively????

Yes, those experts agree... and say that Gore MIGHT have won...

Again... NO ONE can say for sure who actually won Florida based on actual votes. Two different tallies came up with different results. So for somebody to say "THEY KNOW FOR SURE" is just BS.
    NOBODY knows for sure, and they never will.
    For overvotes in particular I don't see anywhere near as much wavering, but fine replace "definitively" with "probably." Every other method is uncertain but leaning Bush.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      No offense, but I assume that you are a great supporter of Schlüter
      Schlüter was before my time, so I didn't specifically know I was saying them same as him. I guess financial responsibility and balanced budgets are a general attribute of the Danish Conservative Party. (Much unlike the US "conservatives", who seem anything but conservative to me in many regards.)

My political positions are all over the political spectrum, depending on the the subject. From the Unity List to the Danish People's Party and everything in between...
      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        I didn't say 'several decades', I said 40 years.
        2009-1940=40? Really? This is either pathological lying or more issues with arithmetic.

You didn't address my question. What metric are you using to justify such an absurdly ridiculous assertion? And why is this metric better than the one I used?
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo View Post
          2009-1940=40? Really? This is either pathological lying or more issues with arithmetic.

You didn't address my question. What metric are you using to justify such an absurdly ridiculous assertion? And why is this metric better than the one I used?
          There are probably way too many factors to control for over time, to say nothing of the fact that data on unintended pregnancy from 40 years ago would be incomplete due to underreporting because of the shame attatched to such pregnancies.

But forget condoms. Here in America, right now, here's what we do know: states in which abstinence-only education prevails, in which conservative Christianity is a significant social phenomenon, and in which the Republican party dominates have a far higher teen pregnancy rate and a far higher divorce rate than their opposite numbers. States with the highest teen pregnancy rate are Nevada, Arizona, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Texas; highest divorce rates are in Nevada, Arkansas, Wyoming, Idaho, and West Virginia. By contrast, states with the lowest teen pregnancy rates are North Dakota, Vermont, New Hampshire, Minnesota, and Maine, and those with the lowest divorce rates are Illinois, Massachusetts, Iowa, Minnesota, and New Jersey. Not a perfect Red-Blue split, but close enough.

In other words, climates in which the moral values and politics of people like Ben predominate are precisely the climates likely to produce the parenting situations that are worst for kids.

Or, put more succinctly: Family Values are actually bad for families. Dontcha love irony?
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Not a perfect Red-Blue split, but close enough.

Seems more like an indication that the Midwest/Northeast is better on the issue than the South/West, but whatever floats your boat.

Family Values are actually bad for families. Dontcha love irony?

I think the people in North Dakota, Iowa and Minnesota might disagree with your contention that they aren't supportive of family values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post

I think the people in North Dakota, Iowa and Minnesota might disagree with your contention that they aren't supportive of family values.
              There's a difference between family values and Family Values.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• You obviously don't spend much time in Iowa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
                  And now dumbass voters have put Obama in power. Will the American people ever learn? One would hope they'll eventually vote for a leader and not some inexperienced former cocaine abuser with a good political staff...
                  That about sums it up.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• all in all i think the dumb ass voters have been voting for the lesser of the two evils running at the time!!!! I dont believe there is really a popular polutician. They all have thier own agendas and most of the agendas do not inculde the ideas or needs of the normal joe schmooo.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski View Post
                      all in all i think the dumb ass voters have been voting for the lesser of the two evils running at the time!!!! I dont believe there is really a popular polutician. They all have thier own agendas and most of the agendas do not inculde the ideas or needs of the normal joe schmooo.
                      Yes maam, I agree!

Plus we dont have a dictator, so a President will have to bend and twist a lot of what he may want to get a little of what we need.

Gramps
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Gore/Kerry/McCain = war heroes with extensive experience in the federal government

Bush/Obama = former coke users with little to no experience

America chose poorly...

Comment

• Avoiding McCain seems a reasonable decision to me. Not wild about Gore either. :manbearpig:

Comment

• So you like Kerry the best of that trio? I think you just lowered yourself quite a few notches on the KH scale...

Comment

• I never said that. I just know little of Kerry, and there's no reason why I should like any of them.

Nor do I recognise KH's authority on anything.

Comment

• Krazy Horse is smarter than everyone. Even his bitterest enemies acknowledge this.

Comment

Working...
                                X