No announcement yet.

Why are hungry Texan convicts so scary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are hungry Texan convicts so scary?

This is why.

HOUSTON – A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye and told authorities he ate it. Andre Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

A death-row officer at the Polunsky Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice found Thomas in his cell with blood on his face and took him to the infirmary.

""Thomas said he pulled out his eye and subsequently ingested it," agency spokesman Jason Clark said Friday.

Thomas was treated at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler after the Dec. 9 incident. Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility near Richmond southwest of Houston.

"He will finally be able to receive the mental health care that we had wanted and begged for from day 1," Bobbie Peterson-Cate, Thomas' trial attorney, told the Sherman Herald Democrat. "He is insane and mentally ill. It is exactly the same reason he pulled out the last one."

At his trial, defense lawyers also argued he suffered from alcohol and drug abuse.

Thomas does not have an execution date.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in October upheld his conviction and death sentence for the death of 13-month-old Leyha Marie Hughes. Also killed March 27, 2004, were his wife, Laura Christine Boren, 20, and their son, 4-year-old Andre Lee.

Thomas, from Texoma, walked into the Sherman Police Department and told a dispatcher he had just murdered the three and had stabbed himself in the chest.

Thomas told police how he put his victims' hearts in his pocket and left their apartment, took them home, put them in a plastic bag and threw them in the trash.

Court documents described the three victims as having "large, gaping wounds to their chests."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090109/.../death_row_eye
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Sounds like he watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom one too many times... George Lucas can do scary things to a person
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, but he can be rehabilitated and become a productive member of society. He's certainly no continuing threat.
      (cough)

Six scheduled for January.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Texoma?

That's right on the OK border. I bet he crossed just so he could say he was from Texas.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Honestly, I don't see how mental insanity is an excuse?

I mean, yeah, really messed up people are insane, if they weren't insane they wouldn't be so evil. That doesn't mean that they don't get the results of their actions though.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            Honestly, I don't see how mental insanity is an excuse?

I mean, yeah, really messed up people are insane, if they weren't insane they wouldn't be so evil. That doesn't mean that they don't get the results of their actions though.

JM
            This still doesn't justify an execution.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

As long as they stay in Texas, they're not so scary.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

No, because before it's over they won't be free to kill in your neighborhood.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

My neighborhood isn't in Texas.
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

I know, I know, you guys love to kill each other. Just keep it to yourselves, okay?

Comment

If you kill someone in Texas, we'll kill you back. Sane, retarded, disabled, black, white, rich, poor - it doesn't matter.

Well, if you're rich or white, we might not kill you. Poor, mentally retarded minorities better watch out, though!
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                          This still doesn't justify an execution.
                          Huh? It is the results of their crime. The execution is justified if they are the perpetrators.

Think about what the results of the action would be if there was no law. That is the justified result.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hey, we could eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              Yes, but he can be rehabilitated and become a productive member of society. He's certainly no continuing threat.
                              (cough)

Six scheduled for January.
                              EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

Opponents of the death penalty do not all necessarily believe that seriously violent felons criminals should simply be released back into society. Ever hear of life in prison??
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X