Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Aside from that 'little' part you missed:

"The message from top officials was clear; it was acceptable to use degrading and abusive techniques against detainees," Levin said.
    the article does not properly demonstrate what evidence are there to support the accusation.

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
    The committee didn't conclude that personnel who underwent SERE adapted the techniques themselves; the committee concluded that SERE techniques were adopted after high level reviews of reports from a USAF shrink on their effectiveness against US Soldiers. So, basically, DoD took a look at the SERE stuff, and then made it policy.
    I have re-read the OP, and I understand what I missed now.

I have only skimmed the article, and didn't notice the key point of the 2002 CIA memo. It is a key evidence in this case, and instead of putting it right after the accuation claim, idiot article editor buried it in the end, making it seem like unrelated filler material like newswires often do.

The problem is that the CIA memo is never quoted nor does anyone conclusively report what it said.

The fact that it included an assessment of resistance survival training effects, only shows that it was well researched.

Nowhere does anyone say that the 2002 CIA memo authorized any of the
    forced nudity, painful stress positions, sleep deprivation, and waterboarding
    If the CIA report said "waterboarding is bad", the statement that it was guided by assessment of SERE methods, still factually stands, but the accusation is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
      It's actually "no wrongs make for no problem" reasoning.
      It's actually "how far can I troll MrFun with stupid statements designed to rile him up". Doesn't it get boring?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
      X